Do you HAVE to have a chl to conceal carry in Texas? - Page 2

Do you HAVE to have a chl to conceal carry in Texas?

This is a discussion on Do you HAVE to have a chl to conceal carry in Texas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dragonheart Since it is so easy for a law abiding citizen, that can shoot, to get a CC in Texas, I would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you HAVE to have a chl to conceal carry in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Since it is so easy for a law abiding citizen, that can shoot, to get a CC in Texas, I would question why anyone would not? If you are over 65 the permit is free.
    I'm not sure where you got this information, but a Texas Concealed Handgun License is not free if you are over 65 years of age. An original license would be $70 if you are age 60 or over.

Jay
    Texas DPS Certified CHL Instructor

Since it is so easy for a law abiding citizen, that can shoot, to get a CC in Texas, I would question why anyone would not? If you are over 65 the permit is free.
    Prove it! I call bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not if you are part of Mexican drug cartel...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassguy2222 View Post
    I know the answer is a quick YES!,

but, this weekend I was visiting with an old hillbilly gunsmith in Podunk central Texas and he got me thinking, granted this guy hasn't bought a new set of overalls in 50 yrs, but he has been the only gunsmith in town for 30 years. He was explaining the difference in carrying a gun and wearing a gun, as in, you wear your shirt, you don't carry it. He basically said that the 2nd amendment says that as long as we are carrying for defense purposes, not drinking and not committing a crime, then we are legally allowed to carry a concealed gun, and everything I've been able to find is for license holders, I cant find any documentation stating that Texas requires a CHL to carry a ccw... So it's kind of grey area because what he said makes sense, somewhat, we have the right to keep and BEAR arms for our defense, where in the constitution does it say we have to be licensed by the state to execute our 2nd amendment right?... So all having a chl does is give you way more regulations and harsher punishments.

I'm really confused now.
    You are seriously considering constitutional law theories from a Hillbilly gunsmith? Are you going to look him up when you are in need of a Cardiothoracic surgeon?

Okay, I'm not saying the law is rocket science, it's not - but YOU need to know another man's limitations.

Example:

Gun fixin': Go to gunsmith
    Car fixin': Go to mechanic
    Law fixin': Go to lawyer
    Body fixin': Go to doctor

I don't think so.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

NO, Only Active duty military,or discharged within last 365 days get the license fee waived and pay $0,former military after 365 days get 50% off the $140.00 fee and renewal is 50% or $35.Senior Citizen is $70 and $35 renewal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links