What and how you would carry in a band

This is a discussion on What and how you would carry in a band within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lets pretend you were a member of a band or some type on stage performer other than theater or something with a lot of movement. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What and how you would carry in a band

Lets pretend you were a member of a band or some type on stage performer other than theater or something with a lot of movement. I'm thinking church band, so booze, late nights, clubs aren't an issue. If you were to carry, it would ave to be completely discrete to everyone in the audience and band alike. You would be scrutinized by a large close audience regularly, both non carriers and carriers alike. How would you do it?

VIP Member
    I would dress and carry like John Popper, who carries regularly while performing.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I would carry a bass guitar and I would OC.

But for a gun, I'd say Smart Carry unless it was tight leather pants kinda band.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I play in quite a few different types of bands, so I'll just rattle off a few of the things I've done.

When I'm playing bass in rock/jazz type groups (closest to your church group) I carry IWB. I usually carry around 4:00. At first I shifted it backwards to accomodate for the various wireless beltpacks I use, but now I stick the one for the instrument on it's strap, and the one for my headphones in the small of my back.

For concert things where I can wear a suit that needs a belt, I'll wear the same tuckable IWB holster. If I'm stuck in a tuxedo, I'll use a shoulder holster, but underneath my vest since playing my instrument tends to make the sides of my jacket rise up.

At the times when I am a tech or recording, I'll just OC. I've got tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment with me at any time, so the deterrent factor is nice. Most don't notice since hardly anyone pays attention to the techs (as long as you're doing your job right ).

Concealed carry under a choir robe is easy. But a smooth draw takes lots & lots of practice. We've discussed adding a covert, snapped slit for easier access. Our bass section stays pretty well-equipped. Tenors? Not so much.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Probably the same way everybody on the forum conceals.

pocket carry
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I would most likely pocket carry or, AIWB.

Are you a front man or stay back with a guitar or other instrument? (You may have more options if you can use an instrument in you concealment plans.)

I also think Smartcarry might work. But, I might be a little of self conscious being on a stage where my crotch might be more at "eye" level with the audience. (Especially, in "church".)

I work church security.

Bellyband/AIWB position under a tucked shirt. AIWB in a holster for an untucked shirt.

Play guitar in church band and I carry xdm 3.8c in supertuck IWB, just like I do when not on stage...

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Same way you will carry anywhere else.... In some states you need permission to carry in a church.

Distinguished Member
    I do the same as when I'm not playing bass or guitar in the band at church. M&P40c AIWB with a Sticky Holster.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Lets pretend you were a member of a band or soe type on stage performer
    cellos and a Thomson sub machine gun
    accessbob likes this.

Appendix of course. If I wanted to get attacked by girls....I'd shove it further down in my pants.
    If I were in a band....I'd carry my guitar and let the security worry about security. At this stage in my life.......I might like to be in a band and get attacked all in the same night. LOL! I know this wasn't what you're looking for....but it's an objective opinion nonetheless.
    Please don't think evil of me for my response. Give it some time to sink in.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Easy. Concealed in plain sight.

I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links