school parking lots - Page 2

school parking lots

This is a discussion on school parking lots within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Wisconsin It is a crime to possess a dangerous weapon (other than a firearm or BB or pellet gun) on or in any school ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: school parking lots

In Wisconsin
    It is a crime to possess a dangerous weapon (other than a firearm or BB or pellet gun) on or in any school building, school grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated for school administration. Wis. Stat. 948.61.

However you are allowed to drive a motor vehicle in which a dangerous weapon is located onto school premises for school-sanctioned purposes or for the purpose of delivering or picking up passengers or property. The weapon may not be removed from the vehicle or be used in any manner.
    Wisconsin Legislature: 948.61
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    My grandson goes to a church school in Milwaukee. When our concealed carry law came into effect the principal, Board of Education & pastors checked with the state because we have a lot of CCLers at that church. The State said it was a no-go on school property. Since that includes the parking lot & the fact that the school is attached to the church that means no guns in the school, church, parking lot or any of the rest of the land unfortunately. An exception was asked for & denied by the State even though this was private property. I (& many others) wonder if someone else in authority at the state was asked if he'd say it was okay. I take my grandson to school in the morning & therefore go unarmed. I know nobody at the school or church would blow the whistle on me if I "forgot" to disarm. I only get out of the car to let the grandson exit & besides, concealed is concealed.
    The people that asked the state for a ruling may have asked the wrong question and/or were given an inaccurate response. As long a the weapon stays in the vehicle it is allowed under Wisconsin law.

You are allowed to drive a motor vehicle in which a dangerous weapon is located onto school premises for school-sanctioned purposes or for the purpose of delivering or picking up passengers or property. The weapon may not be removed from the vehicle or be used in any manner.

See 948.61 (3)(d)
    Wisconsin Legislature: 948.61
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links