Research Help on CC Saving Lives - Page 2

Research Help on CC Saving Lives

This is a discussion on Research Help on CC Saving Lives within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CharlesMorri This might help... I hope. http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/...6_1_screen.pdf I printed this out to read. It has a lot of interesting facts. However, reading ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research Help on CC Saving Lives

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    I printed this out to read. It has a lot of interesting facts. However, reading through some of the quotes in the back of present and past leaders talking about prohibiting any gun ownership and confiscating and imprisoning or worse guns owners it really sent chills down my spine that we actually have politicians and individuals like this and that it is always a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This approach may work on individuals who are not aware of the lives that have been saved or the crimes that have been prevented by armed citizens. If you are looking to influence the opinions of business owners you might be using the wrong logic. Most business owners are looking at their costs and not your safety. If ensuring your safety by allowing you to carry weapons might cost them more in lawsuits, insurance costs or lost business due to customers that do not feel comfortable around firearms then safety will be placed on the back burner every time.

Michael
    This is a good point. However, what I would like to do is influence the laws and lawmakers so that the signs places try to post are worthless or non enforceable like they are in some states and so if I qualify for and obtain my license I am able to carry anywhere I go so as to be able to defend myself and family at all times. Ideally, I should be able to do this without a license unless I have done something criminal to justify taking that right away.

Twitter feed - guns save lives
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Got an email response from Malco...

><><><><><><><><><

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our no gun policy. After numerous discussions with the federal department of homeland security as well as law enforcement agencies, it was suggested by all that we post a no gun policy.

All other major theatre chains in the country have adopted a similar policy.

As always, we review our operating policies from time to time and make adjustments as needed.

Thanks again for your comments.

Sincerely,

Alan Denton

Vice President

Corporate Communications
    ><><><><><><><><><><

So if I'm reading this correctly; they posted because it was suggested by DHS?

That's disturbing.

Unfortunately, I don't have a direct email to respond to...

I think I may try to comment again on the Malco website and mention the Fox story about how the "gunbuster" sign
    may have played a role in the Aurora shooters choice of target.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links