Reciprocity

Reciprocity

This is a discussion on Reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have an interesting situation. Virginia has reciprocity with Missouri in regards to CC. However Missouri does not recognize Permanent Residents (aka Green Card) ...

Thread: Reciprocity

Reciprocity

So I have an interesting situation. Virginia has reciprocity with Missouri in regards to CC. However Missouri does not recognize Permanent Residents (aka Green Card) as being eligible in Missouri to apply for CC, so does that make my Virginia CCW permit invalid. It appears a Canadian permanent resident is challenging the law as I write.

So would my best course of action be contacting the sheriffs office in the county I'm visiting to find out the legalities of carrying concealed in MO with my VA CCW

Missouri does not have reciprocity. Missouri has automatic recognition of permits issued by any state (and has since 2007). Missouri does not honor permits on the basis of the permit holder's status, it honors them on the basis of the issuing entity. IANAL.

Interestingly, Missouri residents can obtain an out-of-state permit and use that to carry in Missouri. They do not have to get a permit from their own state!

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Missouri does enter into reciprocity agreements. Some states require it. Here are just two of the agreements Missouri has signed. There are more.
    http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/g...-Agreemen.aspx
    http://www.wvago.gov/pdf/gunrec/Reci...ment%20-MO.pdf
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    As long as your permit information and the information on your state ID match, there should be no question as to whether you are a US citizen or a legal alien.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links