Cool conversation with a Pharmacist

This is a discussion on Cool conversation with a Pharmacist within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My FFL holder is a Air Force Chaplin. Really nice guy....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cool conversation with a Pharmacist

My FFL holder is a Air Force Chaplin. Really nice guy.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Interesting topic. In a "past life" I was a pharmacist, worked my way thru med school doing pharmacy on weekends ( as well as help from the navy). At closing one Sunday, a guy was acting really strange. I asked him to leave. He came back next morning with a gun , stole quite a few drugs and pistol whipped the pharmacist. A few years later, as MD I got called to the ER late one night. Met 8-10 fine young gentlemen near the door. Wanted to know ... Hey man, you a docta? Said my wife was having a baby and really needed to go, and they let me. Took my NRA course a week later, then ccw. Never looked back
    BugDude and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I Open Carried into a pharmacy (large chain type) the day after a druggie armed with a knife tried to get narcotics; I was a little apprehensive when I walked up to the counter. The pharmacist looks at my holstered 5" 1911 style pistol carried cocked & locked paused a second then says "Where the hell were you yesterday"?

I just smiled and said "It was his lucky day".

He said "If the company would let me I'd have one on my belt and one under the counter".
    Classic question on his part...and clever answer on yours!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The medical profession is just like any other. It is not as anti gun as some news stories might lead one to believe. My doc is a Beretta guy. My son's is a Springfield Armory fan. Down here in Texas they are much more open about it than they were back in Maryland.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

This Rph just picked up a LC9 yesterday with the intent to CCW. If I think like a criminal, the pharmacy I work at is a prime target hence my concern. I feel its not a matter of if but when. They can have the drugs but if things go sideways I hope I can defend myself and staff.

I just found out this morning the my wife's manager carries and even wears his CCW permit on a tether around his neck under his shirt. She is in medical sales.

I am an embryologist and carry every day in the office and lab? More than half of the docs I work with own guns and about a third carry too
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

I have been a pharmacist for about 10 years now. I have been robbed 6 times during that period. My current employer like most employers does not allow firearms at work. So there are a lot of pharmacist like me who secretly carry at work. knowing if anybody found out we'd loose our jobs on the spot. when i got my cwp i went with a few other people at work. so i know at least 3 of us maybe armed at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by vardenafil View Post
    I have been a pharmacist for about 10 years now. I have been robbed 6 times during that period. My current employer like most employers does not allow firearms at work. So there are a lot of pharmacist like me who secretly carry at work. knowing if anybody found out we'd loose our jobs on the spot. when i got my cwp i went with a few other people at work. so i know at least 3 of us maybe armed at any given time.
    What a shame that your employer trusts you with the heavily controlled inventory, but can't trust you to defend yourself in the event something goes sideways.
    I can't say much though. As an electrical engineer whose daily driver is a desk, I am also not allowed to carry at work. If my mouse ever goes rampant, I am screwed.

I was a partner in a company that installed and maintained telephone systems, our techs traveled the whole state, often out late, in city industrial areas etc. I encouraged them to get CCWs and carry, our lawyer advised against it because the injury or death of an employee would be covered by workman's comp and our liability would be minimal; if they shot someone, even if justified, we could be exposed to million dollar plus liabilities (pre stand your ground days). In short a dead employee is cheaper than a wounded criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I know many Pharmacists that are "well heeled". They are like Jewelers, their stock is very attractive to the criminal element.
    Yes these days they need to keep watch

Great interaction with the guy, it's nice to know there are other level heads out there.
    Every since I started carrying I can't go into a public place without looking to see if I can spot another packer.
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Great interaction with the guy, it's nice to know there are other level heads out there.
    Every since I started carrying I can't go into a public place without looking to see if I can spot another packer.
    LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I have a very close family member who is a Doctor of Optometry. Recently took a CCW class and is applying for his permit. He has a nice collection.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    I do the same thing too.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I do the same thing too.
    Yeah, so do I. I figure it's pretty common practice. It's like buying a new car and then you start looking around for others like it. All of a sudden you notice so many more on the road than you ever knew existed.
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links