Cool conversation with a Pharmacist

This is a discussion on Cool conversation with a Pharmacist within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I drop off a prescription at a local pharmacy and the guy was really cool. Said it would be 15 minutes so I said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cool conversation with a Pharmacist

Cool conversation with a Pharmacist

So I drop off a prescription at a local pharmacy and the guy was really cool. Said it would be 15 minutes so I said I'd wait. I grab the latest edition of Guns and Ammo and sit in a chair and do some leisurely reading. In less than 15 minutes he calls my name so I go up to the counter and lay the magazine down as I'm signing and getting my wallet out. He says, "So, you protecting your second amendment rights?" Well, not knowing from the context of the statement where this may go I replied, "Just reading." He replied, "Better get what you need while you still can." I replied, "I'm well covered, and for me it is like American Express." He nods and says, "Stay safe my friend."

Cool interaction.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good. Not everyone is out to get us.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    ^^yep^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lot more like minded people around if we just sometimes take the time to listen and get a pulse.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I know many Pharmacists that are "well heeled". They are like Jewelers, their stock is very attractive to the criminal element.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I met a nice guy at the post office today. He was the maintenance guy and after finding out what I do he asked me to meet him off property by his truck to show me pictures of his range. I suspect there is a reason he was parked across the street.
    BugDude, darbo and blitzburgh like this.

Cool story. I agree there are more people like us than we know.

Good conversation. You can find "friends" all over.

Four of my range buddies here are Physicians...can't hurt to have a Pharmacist in the mix!!! Another of them is a car guy. Now all I need is a lawyer and a landscaper and I'm covered!
    niks likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

My weekly range buddy is also one of my doctors,he keeps me running ,and I keep his Class 3 stuff running,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

TJx
    My FFL holder who does my transfers is a pharmacist who also owns a vitamin shop.
    I also just sold a P95 to a doctor.

Drug dealers usually carry weapons. Seriously though...very cool interaction. Well played until you knew you had a friendly.

My wife is a pharmacist and she carries a Kahr.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    My uncle is a retired pharmacist. He started carrying back in the mid 60's and still does. In fact he still has the Charter Arms .38 gun he started carrying.
    BugDude likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    So I drop off a prescription at a local pharmacy and the guy was really cool. Said it would be 15 minutes so I said I'd wait. I grab the latest edition of Guns and Ammo and sit in a chair and do some leisurely reading. In less than 15 minutes he calls my name so I go up to the counter and lay the magazine down as I'm signing and getting my wallet out. He says, "So, you protecting your second amendment rights?" Well, not knowing from the context of the statement where this may go I replied, "Just reading." He replied, "Better get what you need while you still can." I replied, "I'm well covered, and for me it is like American Express." He nods and says, "Stay safe my friend."

Cool interaction.

I Open Carried into a pharmacy (large chain type) the day after a druggie armed with a knife tried to get narcotics; I was a little apprehensive when I walked up to the counter. The pharmacist looks at my holstered 5" 1911 style pistol carried cocked & locked paused a second then says "Where the hell were you yesterday"?

I just smiled and said "It was his lucky day".

He said "If the company would let me I'd have one on my belt and one under the counter".
    Last edited by F350; September 12th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    BugDude and Yetiman like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My wife is a pharmacist and she carries a Kahr.
    Does she sleep at a Holiday Inn Express?

I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links