ccw in schools

This is a discussion on ccw in schools within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i do work full time in the day and teach a night class at a community college from 6pm-10pm. leaving the school at night with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ccw in schools

ccw in schools

i do work full time in the day and teach a night class at a community college from 6pm-10pm. leaving the school at night with the parking lot not having alot of lighting can sometimes make you nervous. and now with more shootings and the hostage deal going on outside of denver, it makes you think alittle more about this. my wife works for three schools as a SLP. she has seen many fights and some knives brought to school. what are these kids thinking and why would someone take kids hostage?????
    just some thoughts and what does everyone else think
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

What better place to find Hostages then in as free kill zone. This kind of thing will continue untill they start letting teachers and other school officials carry.

It sucks. We in Montana can't carry in the school building.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Senior Moderator
    When this country gets SERIOUS about protecting its children only then will things ever change.

Until we havea major tragedy...it'll never change. As it stands now, we can guarantee that every single school is a target rich environment for any thug ,terrrorist or jackoff that wants to operate unmolested.

Until we become like Israel and allow teachers to arm themselves, school violence will continue.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A CCW holder can carry at schools in Oregon!

VIP Member

Question Hobbes...

does that include a teacher who is a CCWer, or just non-employee parents?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    does that include a teacher who is a CCWer, or just non-employee parents?
    I would think yes, since it is public grounds and state law allows carry so it's not like a principal could override state law, although I wouldn't put some past some to attempt it... school policy doesn't override law.

Anyone Here From Utah?

I was under the impression that employees in Utah schools could carry without asking for permission...
    Anyone know for sure?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hobbes,

Teachers can't carry in schools. Not due to the law but due to the contract of employment that they sign.

I've spoken with a few here in town. Seems that the schools make them sign a zero tolerance sheet, the same one that they make the students sign.

It says that they WILL NOT carry in school, even if they have a CCW. The teachers union, who is very anti-gun, will not protect one of their union members if they are caught with a firearm. In their by-laws it states (parapharsed), "Any union member that is caught by the school and is terminated by said school for the offense of carrying a concealed or un-concealed weapon, concealed license holder or not, will not be represented by the NEA and will forfit all dues and membership fees with the NEA and their membership will be terminated with cause.".

Teachers in a public school in Oregon MUST be members of the Teachers Union (I don't know how they can do that but if you are not a member of the union you will not be hired).

So, the teachers, the good ones anyway that really care and have CHL's, will not carry due to school and union policy.

If I have a kid, they will go to the Christian School here in town. I've met the principle and a couple of teachers....

At the indoor range. And yes, they pack in school .

They, really, care for the children.

Wayne

Can't carry in public schools in Maine (up to high school) not sure about college.
    I attend college one day a week. Don't carry it in to the school, but it's not very far away from me
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

hmmm, thats stupid. Does that make it actually illegal? Or just a reason to lose your job?

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Can't carry in any school K-college in MA unless you are LE. No firearms or OC/Mace allowed on any school property under any other circumstances.

What better place to find Hostages then in as free kill zone. This kind of thing will continue untill they start letting teachers and other school officials carry.
    Yup. So long as guns=crime, we'll not have a change. The real equation is guns=survival, when in the hands of the masses, assuming sufficient quality training. Yes, there will be some instances of needless deaths, but the lives saved would dwarf the occasional accidental death if millions were carrying and made it a free-fire zone where BG's were concerned. BG's would surely become more-lethal, but there would be far fewer plying their trade in open public.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I just don't understand how this keeps happening in "Gun Free Zones", it just boggles the mind. I mean there are SIGNS telling people not to bring guns on the campus.

How then, pray tell, does someone get a gun on campus and take children hostage? Did they not read the signs?

This type of violence will continue until we get better signs posting that theses schools are off limits. I mean it, NO TOLERANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by God & Country View Post
    How then, pray tell, does someone get a gun on campus and take children hostage? Did they not read the signs?
    As easily as putting on the shoes in the morning, actually.

This type of violence will continue until we get better signs posting that theses schools are off limits. I mean it, NO TOLERANCE!
    Yet one more example showing how much of a barrier signs present to criminals (none). No tolerance ... that's absolutely the solution.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links