What do you say when you think someone spots you? Or worse, asks? - Page 4

What do you say when you think someone spots you? Or worse, asks?

This is a discussion on What do you say when you think someone spots you? Or worse, asks? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would look them in the eye and walk away. I don't speak with strangers and seldom with those I know. Lol...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: What do you say when you think someone spots you? Or worse, asks?

I would look them in the eye and walk away. I don't speak with strangers and seldom with those I know. Lol
    aus71383 likes this.

Im none too quick to respond since theres a nonsensical fear regarding a properly holstered weapon on a man at the park with his kids...we are pretty close to Minnesota...but if they seem earnest i tell them yes, its a gun...did you have a specific question?? If theyre troublemakers they have that look and they get the screw off look as i walk away.
    Last edited by tricolordad; September 13th, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Keepin it friendly

Never been 'spotted' yet. Most folks are too oblivious and locked intheir own little worlds to notice anything...

Did have the Taco Bell kid say to me, "Wow, another Hawaiian shirt." I replied, "They're comfortable," but I really wanted to say, "They make it so easy to conceal this really big gun I have!"
    ep1953 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I don't get made for carrying, but everyone gets me as a cop. My wife just laughs, there is no blending for me. I am big, crew cut and walk like a girl...... Ok well maybe I don't walk like a girl but........
    GH likes this.

When I was doing a a defensive handgun course the rangemaster told us that a Hawaiian shirt was an immediate tell that their is probably a gun being concealed. He has7 of them. Got out of mycar on the way into a restaurant for lunch last week and my wife stops and looks at me and says" uh aren't you forgeting something", had to unlock the car door to get my flowered shirt

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Never been 'spotted' yet. Most folks are too oblivious and locked intheir own little worlds to notice anything...

Did have the Taco Bell kid say to me, "Wow, another Hawaiian shirt." I replied, "They're comfortable," but I really wanted to say, "They make it so easy to conceal this really big gun I have!"
    mano3 likes this.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

I've been concealing for nine years now and only got questioned once. I told them it was none of their business. They put their snoot in the air and walked away.
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

Never been made but my reply would be "It's a pain mangement pump." If anybody tries to infict pain on me it pumps.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Spotter: "Why do you need a gun?"

Me: "I don't, that's why it's holstered."

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

This is good, I also like the response to "You carry a gun? Are you Paranoid?" To which the correct response is, "No, I carry a gun, what would I have to be parnoid about?

Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    When I was doing a a defensive handgun course the rangemaster told us that a Hawaiian shirt was an immediate tell that their is probably a gun being concealed. He has7 of them. Got out of mycar on the way into a restaurant for lunch last week and my wife stops and looks at me and says" uh aren't you forgeting something", had to unlock the car door to get my flowered shirt

I actually know a guy that wears Hawaiian shirts alot and he does carry all the time. I own one of them but usually only wear it when I go to Beach Boys concerts. (Ever look out at the crowd at a Beach Boys concert, the colors will make you nauseous!). Last time I wore the shirt was to my church's VBS. It was "beach day" and the wife told me she liked the way I looked in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    When I was doing a a defensive handgun course the rangemaster told us that a Hawaiian shirt was an immediate tell that their is probably a gun being concealed. He has7 of them.
    Yeah, but he's a camp shirt wearin' sort of pro-gunner, a range master no less. He knows how well they can conceal.

But to the average head-in-sand sort who we meet each day on the street, those who tend to be fairly oblivious anyway, the patterns and over-sized, "billowy" format of such shirts are hard to beat when concealing IWB/OWB.

Hawaiian shirt wearers unite!
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 13th, 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: gramur
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GH
    I would just say "it's kinda personal".

The only time I was made was 3 months before I had my CCL & 2 months before I had a firearm. At the local gas station the owner asked me what kind of gun I was carrying, lol. It must have been a combination of my cellphone & multitool. He told me that he felt comfortable with me in his station & armed. (I had been doing business with him for years & his wife is a member of my church) When I finally got a firearm I asked him why he didn't have one & when he asked to see mine & the store was empty I showed him He thought I was carrying on the other side, lol. He has one now - a Glock 21. So does his partner. Now they want to get their CCLs so they can carry outside of work.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    It's on a need to know basis and you don't need to know.
    mano3 likes this.

What do you say when you think someone spots you or worse asks?
    No habla ingles.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I've never had anyone ask. I'd probably say something like belt keepers or the like.

I was carrying a Glock 36 in a John Jackson leather OWB last week. I was with some friends some of whom don't carry. During the day one of them noticed my rig. They asked if I was carrying. I replied yes. They asked why? I wasn't prepared since I was among friends. I just said, Why not and we moved on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links