soon to be new to ccw

This is a discussion on soon to be new to ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a good site to order itwb holsters. If it matters for you're reply I am looking for both lc9 and p-85. Also do ...

Thread: soon to be new to ccw

soon to be new to ccw

Looking for a good site to order itwb holsters. If it matters for you're reply I am looking for both lc9 and p-85.
    Also do you all carry extra mags as well? Give me the info on that if you do or don't. why or why not, and how.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Remora holsters.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I do carry and extra magazine. Not sure why, but it is there if I should ever need it.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Check out Kusiak Holsters. I ordered one from them online for my Smith and Wesson Shield. I know they make one for the LC9 as well. Anway, it is an all leather IWB Holster that has a built in Mag Holder. I never used to carry an extra mag because I dont like having million things on my belt when not working. It is the only IWB Holster I have ever seen that holds a mag as well.

Ive been wearing mine for a few weeks now. It is very comfertable. I wouldnt recomend something like it for a larger gun, but for something small like the Shield everything stays put nicely.
    They are right around the 50 dollar range.

Hope this helps and Good luck in your search!

I recommend Crossbreed or Old Faithful IWB . Have/had both and very happy with them. I no longer have my LC9 so I have a Crossbreed for sale if you're interested.

thank you all for your suggestions I will be researching everything that has been recommended.

I had a Kusiak and holsterpro for my LC9 and found them both to be very uncomfortable.

For larger pistols I use Milt Sparks VM-II style holsters, including very similar ones made by Mark Garrity, called the 'Incognito'. I had Mark make a holster for my LC9 and it is bar none the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used including hybrids. It didn't take very long to get either

Garrity's Gunleather - IWB Holsters

I love my Crossbreed holster. I first got the original cut, but sent it back too change it to the combat cut; I didn't like how much leather was behind it. It'll take a little playing around to get a cant you like, but the nice part about the Crossbreed is you can adjust the cant.

I recommend carrying an extra mag, not as much because of the extra rounds, but because the magazine is usually the weakest part of the handgun. Also, if your EDC (everyday carry) has a magazine disconnect, I really recommend carrying an extra, because if the mag falls out and you don't have an extra, you'll be holding a paperweight.

Something most newbies to CCW don't get is a gun belt. It doesn't sound important, but without one your pants will really start to sag and you're more likely to print. When I finally got one, the difference was night and day. I wear a Crossbreed belt because it goes well with informal and formal wear, but they're pretty expensive.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2
    Carry everywhere it's legal.

“Never bring a knuck buck to a gunfight.” d0nturner, ohioccwforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Looking for a good site to order itwb holsters. If it matters for you're reply I am looking for both lc9 and p-85.
    Also do you all carry extra mags as well? Give me the info on that if you do or don't. why or why not, and how.

Thanks
    I'll let others suggest holsters, but as to your question: Always, always, ALWAYS carry spare ammo. For revolvers, simply because your primary load is typically just 5 or 6 rounds. For autoloaders, a spare mag gives you extra shots, but more importantly, the magazine and feeding issues are the number one cause of stoppages. If tap-rack-bang doesn't fix it, a spare mag keeps you in the fight.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

^ +1 on that. I never leave the house without a spare mag. You can get IWB mag pouches or you can just keep it in your pocket. Either way, make sure you have one and make sure it is easily accessible!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'll let others suggest holsters, but as to your question: Always, always, ALWAYS carry spare ammo. For revolvers, simply because your primary load is typically just 5 or 6 rounds. For autoloaders, a spare mag gives you extra shots, but more importantly, the magazine and feeding issues are the number one cause of stoppages. If tap-rack-bang doesn't fix it, a spare mag keeps you in the fight.
    Thanks for the input.

Thanks everyone else as well

I carry an extra mag as well. It's one of those things you don't leave the house with.

Soon for you it will be "Gun,Mag,Wallet, Keys, Phone.. Lets go!"

VIP Member
    There are many holster makes listed on the forum, it is a matter of personal choice as to what will work best for you. As to carrying spare magazine. I always carry a spare. Not so much for ammo, but in case you have a malfunction. Most malfunctions with a semi auto can be attributed to the magazine. If you have one, drop the mag and go to another.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links