DHS now suggesting "gunbuster" signs ???

This is a discussion on DHS now suggesting "gunbuster" signs ??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Something that's being discussed in another thread that I thought deserved it's own. In an email that I received from Malco Theaters (in response to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: DHS now suggesting "gunbuster" signs ???

Thumbs down DHS now suggesting "gunbuster" signs ???

Something that's being discussed in another thread that I thought deserved it's own.

In an email that I received from Malco Theaters (in response to my complaint that they have recently posted as gun-free),
    their reasoning was in part by a suggestion from the Department of Homeland Security.

This is the text from the email...

><><><><><><><><><><
    Thank you for taking the time to comment about our no gun policy. After numerous discussions with the federal department of homeland security as well as law enforcement agencies, it was suggested by all that we post a no gun policy.

All other major theatre chains in the country have adopted a similar policy.

As always, we review our operating policies from time to time and make adjustments as needed.

Thanks again for your comments.

Sincerely,

Alan Denton

Vice President

Corporate Communications
    ><><><><><><><><><><

It is disturbing to me that the DHS apparently feels that advising private companies to post "gunbuster" signs will help lower the chances of more mass shootings.

Especially considering it is at least possible that the particular theater in Aurora was chosen because of a "gunbuster" sign.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...emark-theater/
    (thanx to Harryball for this link)

I did say disturbed; not surprised.

refer: Research Help on CC Saving Lives
    Last edited by kerberos; September 13th, 2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added link
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

You're assuming such discussions actually took place, let alone at what level. I'd take their response with a grain of salt.
    sdprof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    You're assuming such discussions actually took place, let alone at what level. I'd take their response with a grain of salt.
    Yeah, I'd thought about that...

And as far as "assuming" well...

I did title the thread as a question in all fairness.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

I love my state....go ahead and post your sign if it makes you feel better, I'm going to carry anyway.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

GH
    For some reason the sheep have a feeling that if there are gunbuster signs posted at an establishment it'll be safer. To take that one step further it's known by all that if a sign says "no guns allowed" then nobody will bring a gun inside & there is absolutely no chance of an Aurora-type incident taking place.

I'll concede the right for any private business to run their business & set the rules as they see fit but I'll also exercize my right of choosing where I'll spend my money. With DVDs, Netflix, DVRs & movie channels on cable TV I elect to stay in the safety of my own home with a gun handy & watch movies.

I feel safer just talking about it, lol.
    Ksthumper and BigJon10125 like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    For some reason the sheep have a feeling that if there are gunbuster signs posted at an establishment it'll be safer. To take that one step further it's known by all that if a sign says "no guns allowed" then nobody will bring a gun inside & there is absolutely no chance of an Aurora-type incident taking place.

I'll concede the right for any private business to run their business & set the rules as they see fit but I'll also exercize my right of choosing where I'll spend my money. With DVDs, Netflix, DVRs & movie channels on cable TV I elect to stay in the safety of my own home with a gun handy & watch movies.

Agreed!

Appreciate all the comments, but there are numerous threads about "gunbuster" signs and protecting the rights of property owners...

I'm focusing more specifically about the DHS and other agencies possibly starting to become more directly involved in persuading property/business owners to post the signs.
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post

. Besides all that, my tv and surround is much better than being crammed into a tiny nasty theater with little kids being all handsy....bleh. I remeber being like that haha

That is the same DHS that told their own people to run, hide and fight as a last resort. Yup I take them as a serious source of common sense information.
    Old School likes this.

I could see the DHS spouting this nonsense and I can see a lot of the sheep taking it to heart. They want to disarm the public and if several people die in shooting sprees well it all helps their agenda.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    I guess the DHS assumes the criminals know how to read.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I guess the DHS assumes the criminals know how to read.
    Of course not!

Signs include the illiterate friendly "NO" circle with slash on a silhouette Beretta 92.
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

VIP Member
    Well consider this. The DHS thinks that the TSA will keep the skies safe. Do I need to say any more?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Of course not!

Signs include the illiterate friendly "NO" circle with slash on a silhouette Beretta 92.
    Well maybe I can't read very well and I'm going to assume that it says "No Beretta 92s allowed!"
    remington79 and sheepdog like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The DHS (Department of INSECURITY) has the primary interest of keeping the sheep calm and complacent, not in providing real security. From this standpoint, security theater that makes the idiotic masses 'feel' better is in their interests and if such a statement was really made, I am certain that this was the goal, and that they know it is just false pretending.
    Old School likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links