Pro-Life Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Pro-Life Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day I was confronted by one of my liberal friends about my positions on abortion and lethal force. He argued that being pro-life ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By Walden
  • 5 Post By archer51
  • 4 Post By hoghunter84
  • 3 Post By JD

Thread: Pro-Life Concealed Carry

Pro-Life Concealed Carry

The other day I was confronted by one of my liberal friends about my positions on abortion and lethal force. He argued that being pro-life and carrying a loaded gun (OMG!) with "cop-killer" hollow point rounds (OMG, OMG!!!) was a contradiction.

I told him that "I believe the lives of the unborn should be protected, just as I believe the lives of law abiding citizens should also be protected". Now I am reflecting on my position. On one hand I never want to kill another human being. I pray everyday that I will never be in a situation that requires lethal force to get out of. On the other hand, if I am ever need to use a weapon to protect myself and those around me from serious bodily harm or death, I am prepared and willing.

I am sure everyone on this forum believes, as I do, that defensive violence is sometimes unavoidable. I would just like to hear how others justify being pro-life and carrying a gun.
    krisspy, Ransom and tcox4freedom like this.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Since pro life/abortion discussions are not allowed on this forum, I see this post being closed quickly.

As to the use of a firearm for protection. I do not intend to use my gun to kill someone. I intend to use it to protect myself. If the person dies as a result of their own stupidity from forcing me to do so. Well that is out of my hands.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Lol ive never had the pro life argument pulled on me. I think i would have laughed and walked away

Just like I say in the CCW class I teach. You're not trying to kill you attacker, you're not trying to wound your attacker, you ARE trying to stop your attacker. If he/she dies from their wounds then they shouldn't have put you in a position where you need to use deadly force.

Now for the hollow points. Those are the rounds which stop people, thats what we are trying to accomplish. FMJ rounds just poke holes and have a possibility of over penetration.

JD
    Administrator
    DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Forum Rules

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics. We also discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.
    Despite the carry angle on this issue, this thread probably won't go anywhere positive.

That being said, I think it's a no brainier to be able to differentiate between self defense vs. the killing of unborn children.

Links