where can I carry, to be clear.

This is a discussion on where can I carry, to be clear. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as I have said in other threads my local P.D isn't exactly timely on getting back to me so I figured I would post ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: where can I carry, to be clear.

where can I carry, to be clear.

Well as I have said in other threads my local P.D isn't exactly timely on getting back to me so I figured I would post here (NH by the way). Of course no federal buildings, banks, schools, bars.

Here is where my confusion lies. Schools, I attend a night school which basically rents out 3/4 of a building. the other 1/4 of this building is a business which also rents out all of the building right next to this one. There are no posted signs saying no firearms ect, can I carry here?

Next lets talk resturants and no I'm not talking Mc Donalds. I mean actual ones that you will be at for an hour or so. Now it seems 1 of two things are here. Either they serve alcohol, or there is what one may call a bar (though not a bar imo). Can one carry in such a resturant if no signs are posted saying otherwise? if the answer is no, does it at all make a difference if I am not ordering alcohol or sitting at this "bar"?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    I don't know NH laws but check out http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

thank you I will look at both links.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    thank you I will look at both links.
    I'd go with pgrass101's link as I thought I was using that one, but didn't get what I was looking for.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I'd go with pgrass101's link as I thought I was using that one, but didn't get what I was looking for.
    alright.

here is some reading stuff , just an FYI cops will not tell you law because that will mean they are practicing law and they can't do that

New Hampshire Gun Laws - Gun Owners of New Hampshire, Inc.

New Hampshire Concealed Carry Permit Information

Frequently Asked Questions about Gun Laws in New Hampshire | Pro-Gun New Hampshire

I would spend the 99 cents and buy the Legal Heat app for iphone/android/ipad. Constantly updated and very thorough.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Should have had that gone over in your CCW/CPL class, no?

Good advice above.
    Glad I live in Mi.

MSP - Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - FAQs

Got it all at our fingertips.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Of course no federal buildings, banks, schools, bars.
    Banks aren't federal buildings, your money is federally insured, but that's it. You treat a bank like a mcdonalds or any other normal place.

Found this on one of the links posted by accessbob. Pages 6, 7, and 8 are worth a read.

http://www.gonh.org/uploads/images/6...10-7-27-10.pdf

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The OP needs to read up on NH gun laws, all 2 or 3 pages of it!

NH does NOT require any training/classes to get a permit (response to oneshot) and from my experiences with gun owners and instructors in MA, many instructors here (MA) do a very bad job of educating people on "banned" places.

NH law says no schools (primary and secondary only according to my sources in NH) and no courthouses. IIRC that's all. Fed buildings fall under Fed Law and are prohibited there.

The OP can carry in a bank or restaurant, even if they serve liquor (NH).

[Many espouse that banks are banned since they are federally insured. In my MA Gun Law Seminar I counter this (in an attempt to get students to really think about it) by saying that if merely being federally insured means that it becomes a "federal building" then houses that are bought with a federally guaranteed loan (e.g. FHA, VA, or other such loan program) would also be "banned places" even if you are the home-owner! Just not so!!!]

Each state is different, so research and answers need to be state-specific. Also research the state's hunting laws as they also impact where you can carry a gun even if you are NOT hunting!

I'm an expert on MA gun laws, but study NH as well (not claiming expertise) as I spend some time there and have a NH permit.

So if you are still in high school, guns are banned. If you are in college, I've been told (recommend reading RSA for yourself) that it is not illegal. You are (as a student) subject to sanctions up to and perhaps including expulsion for having a gun on school property . . . read the student handbook of rules you agreed to abide by when you enrolled.
    NRA Instructor

Man, you guys sometimes make me soooooooo glad I live where I do. The rules here are quite simple...... not at the Governors Mansion or grounds, and no federal property...... and otherwise it's OK unless they put up the AG's approved signage and in the proper manner per the statute. Schools, bars, restaurants, churches, voting locations, sporting events, whatever....... carry if not posted, and most aren't.

Despite what the paranoid lawmakers think, the problems with this have been ZERO . Funny thing how law-abiding citizens tend to still act like..... responsible law abiding citizens.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I don't see where all the confusion is. I just moved from NH and though they had some pretty straight forward laws about where you can carry. Very little ambiguity.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Are we that bored today Harry
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links