HELP ME... figure out real % of with CWP's - Page 2

HELP ME... figure out real % of with CWP's

This is a discussion on HELP ME... figure out real % of with CWP's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Slanting" numbers is what statistics is all about. If the OP wants to strengthen his argument by removing the number under 21, or women (as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HELP ME... figure out real % of with CWP's

"Slanting" numbers is what statistics is all about. If the OP wants to strengthen his argument by removing the number under 21, or women (as long as you also remove female CWP holders) there's nothing wrong with that. If anyone is misleading, it'd be the person claiming "only xx% of residents have a CWP" - without clarifying that they are including non-eligible citizens and children.

The OP didn't ask for fake numbers. I'm sure if he's capable of using a keyboard, he's more than capable of making up any numbers he wants if he were not concerned with accuracy.

76% of the population is over 18 or about 211 million - close enough to 21
    50% of the population is female
    105 million males are old enough, less ones that have been incarcerated (7% of the population is under "correctional supervision")
    8 million permits
    That's 8% of males, less the females with permits, plus the males that carry in states where no permit is needed (so % is probably higher, but the populations are more sparse), less those that don't carry on a regular basis. Look at the number of members on this site vs the regulars. My swag would be in the 3% range.

I'd just stick with "you're losing money".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links