How about an anti-gun-buster sign? - Page 2

How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

This is a discussion on How about an anti-gun-buster sign? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg It sounds good but I've got a concern about offering a discount for showing your permit. Concealed is concealed and showing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    It sounds good but I've got a concern about offering a discount for showing your permit. Concealed is concealed and showing your permit to a waiter or waitress to get a discount opens you up for possible discussions about you carrying a firearm, to the waiter/waitress, to your party (who might not have known you carry), and to anyone sitting around you who might be thinking about stealing a gun from someone they know who is carrying. Sure, it might be very unlikely that anything negative could come from that, but I think it's best to keep your "secret" from as many people as possible. Others might disagree, but that's my take on it.

Regarding having a pro-carry sign, I think that's a good idea.
    Well since I OC so I don't see guarding the fact I carry like guarding a 16 year old daughter's virginity. The wife and I have our regular weekend breakfast spot and frequently the owner will discuss guns when we go in, the guy who busses and sets up tables likes to have a quick gun talk, one of the waitresses asked for a recommendation on a personal protection gun and I was able to enlighten an older couple just escaped to Free America from Illinois. Don't see the problem, except many states like Colorado have constitutional open carry so you would have to include OCers as well.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Wow some really good idea's folks

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Well since I OC so I don't see guarding the fact I carry like guarding a 16 year old daughter's virginity. The wife and I have our regular weekend breakfast spot and frequently the owner will discuss guns when we go in, the guy who busses and sets up tables likes to have a quick gun talk, one of the waitresses asked for a recommendation on a personal protection gun and I was able to enlighten an older couple just escaped to Free America from Illinois. Don't see the problem, except many states like Colorado have constitutional open carry so you would have to include OCers as well.
    I'm referring specifically to concealed carriers. There's a reason why we carry concealed (when we do) as opposed to open carrying. I OC on occasion, but when I CC, I'm not trying to broadcast that to the world. If you want to OC in such an establishment, that's fine. But when I CC, I don't want to draw attention to it, and being asked for my permit in order to get a discount is defeating the purpose of concealed carry. Perhaps if they offered a discount for OC'ing a gun, that might be different, since you don't care who knows you're packing from the start. Just giving my $0.02 regarding a CC discount.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I just had a random thought (it rarely happens). How about a restaurant/gun store combo. Then you are fairly assured to have only 2A supporters. You could also dabble in hair cuts, lawnmower repair, and tax return preparation up until April 15th.

Now you know why I try to avoid random thoughts...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Here ya go...

I like this! Where can I buy one? Don't have a business but would love to hang this sign in my garage.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I just had a random thought (it rarely happens). How about a restaurant/gun store combo. Then you are fairly assured to have only 2A supporters.
    Bass Pro Shops has a decent restaurant in their storesand they support concealed carry.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    I like it...

But what about something a little more obscure:

Anybody that carries a pistol will recognize it like a beacon, but it won't scare the unarmed...
    I like it! Its visual, And the gun friendly will recognize it easily. DR

Good idea to get business.

I just had a random thought (it rarely happens). How about a restaurant/gun store combo. Then you are fairly assured to have only 2A supporters. You could also dabble in hair cuts, lawnmower repair, and tax return preparation up until April 15th.

Now you know why I try to avoid rambling thoughts...
    FTFY....
    Between that and the slow on set of Oldtimer’s ....
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If I owned a small restaurant, at the bottom of each page of the menu:

"OC = 5% Discount. Applies to individuals only." That's it. The word would get around.

Note that it would automatically apply to uniformed LEO's.
    WHAT? You're going to cut the LEO discount by 45%?

Sorry, had to poke, around here the "standard" discount for uniformed LEOs is 50% and a free drink. Fire and EMS meanwhile pay full price.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Now you know why I try to avoid random thoughts...
    I think I would avoid have my haircut done by someone who merely dabbles, but I'm in for the eat n skeet (or shoot) idea.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To be honest, I think we make to big of a deal out of gun buster signs. The property owners have just as many rights as we do. The 2A is not the only amendment....JMO
    Question; and "I" mean question...This is not a challenge/attack to your post but a plausible concern to equal or greater business owner rights as follows:

Most every state has a RTKBA/self defense statement in it's constitution. This surely means the law abiding citizens in public. Irregardless of constitutionality of the individual states permitting process VS the US constitution. Knowing this in advance of starting the business, does a business truly have "equal" rights to control, deny and/or usurp the "law abiding", licensed (and again let's not get hung up on the constitutional carry thing for the sake of this question) citizen's right to bear arms when they open their doors to the said public citizen?

I say they do not...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Same laws apply to a person deciding what is or is not allowed in their home...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Same laws apply to a person deciding what is or is not allowed in their home...

So if a state has a castle doctrine it applies to a business?
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    So if a state has a castle doctrine it applies to a business?
    Not necessarily. The floor is usually open to the public, much like the sidewalk from the road to your front door. The grass on either side of the sidewalk, the stock room in back of the store, and the inside of your house are not "open to the public",. So, it boils down to local laws.

It really gets into some crazy hair splitting, and the law class I had on the subject was about 30 years ago so I don't recall the specifics for Alaska, and they would be out of date anyhow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links