How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

This is a discussion on How about an anti-gun-buster sign? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kerberos Same laws apply to a person deciding what is or is not allowed in their home... Generally private property (homes) is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Same laws apply to a person deciding what is or is not allowed in their home...

Generally private property (homes) is held to a different standard than open to the public (business) property. For example, I don't have to open my home to minorities or the disabled, but if I have a business in have to be non discriminatory and make "reasonable accommodation" to the disabled.

The same logic applies to self defense. The argument over carry rights related to property rights notwithstanding, castle doctrine as related to lethal self defense applies to where ever you have a legal right to be.

Generally, YMMV as each state has different codified and case law.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

2. Remove Ads

The idea of a welcome CCW sign is a great one as I have seen it several times in my area of KY however I dont think the discount for showing your permit is stellar, as im sure most permit holders would not necessarily be very excited about the idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrjunkie View Post
    The idea of a welcome CCW sign is a great one as I have seen it several times in my area of KY however I dont think the discount for showing your permit is stellar, as im sure most permit holders would not necessarily be very excited about the idea...
    Then don't opt for the discount, but support them anyway. Also, just because you present your permit doesn't mean you're carrying, just hand them your permit with your payment.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Love he idea, a little cool on the discount though. People who carry guns usually like to keep thgs private, so there's n point n opening tat can of worms. Btw academy has a similar sign. It basically was leal concealed carry is welcome. Since. Saw tat. Avnet been back to dicks sporting goods. So I would say that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To be honest, I think we make to big of a deal out of gun buster signs. The property owners have just as many rights as we do. The 2A is not the only amendment....JMO
    Absolutely correct and I have the right not to support their anti gun/self-defense, lame altitude business.

After all, this is still America, at least till the next election.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Vandalism is not the solution.... but that would be funny to see
    Hmm. I have a pretty snazzy label printer... And it's only wrong if you get caught!

Oh no. Don't open that can of worms either.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason6 View Post
    And it's only wrong if you get caught!

I generally like the idea though I much prefer a less subtle sign like somebody else already posted. Maybe something just saying PRO-2A. I wouldn't be interested in showing my permit though, discount or not.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links