How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

This is a discussion on How about an anti-gun-buster sign? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a number of random thoughts throughout a given day and every once in a while one is worth sharing... I was thinking, if ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

How about an anti-gun-buster sign?

I have a number of random thoughts throughout a given day and every once in a while one is worth sharing...

I was thinking, if I owned a small restaurant/diner type establishment, especially if it was in a questionable part of town, I would hang a prominent sign that said something to the effect of:

WE PROUDLY WELCOME CUSTOMERS WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS AND OFFER A 5% DISCOUNT OFF YOUR TOTAL BILL WHEN YOU SHOW YOUR PERMIT

1) You'd have a solid, dedicated customer base I'm sure
    2) You'd be the safest and most secure restaurant in town
    3) Pretty cheap security

Any business owners out here on the forum that have thought of doing something like this?
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    It sounds good but I've got a concern about offering a discount for showing your permit. Concealed is concealed and showing your permit to a waiter or waitress to get a discount opens you up for possible discussions about you carrying a firearm, to the waiter/waitress, to your party (who might not have known you carry), and to anyone sitting around you who might be thinking about stealing a gun from someone they know who is carrying. Sure, it might be very unlikely that anything negative could come from that, but I think it's best to keep your "secret" from as many people as possible. Others might disagree, but that's my take on it.

Regarding having a pro-carry sign, I think that's a good idea.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Carry always NEVER TELL, I would not show my permit. Nice thought tho....
    Arborigine likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How about:
    This business respects the second amendment.
    Just keep it to yourself.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would go out of my way to patronize those businesses that had a "welcome" ccw sign. I would also like to see a database of those businesses that do not allow licensed people to carry their weapons with them. I found out my credit union will not allow weapons even in the Parking Lot? They do not provide security. I found out after signing up at work and setting up all my automatic deposits and electronic bill paying. I walked up to the front door and was met by a gunbuster sign. There was nothing in the materials i was provided at work that mentioned that fact. I will be moving my account at some point but what a hassle, would have loved to have know this important information beforehand.

Here ya go...

jem102, jbum, Paladin3840 and 7 others like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

To be honest, I think we make to big of a deal out of gun buster signs. The property owners have just as many rights as we do. The 2A is not the only amendment....JMO

Even better...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To be honest, I think we make to big of a deal out of gun buster signs. The property owners have just as many rights as we do. The 2A is not the only amendment....JMO
    We probably do, myself included...

But maybe there are people who have died because a psychopath chose a particular place because it was posted.

I'm not saying this is 100% true; but possible.

USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    We probably do, myself included...

But maybe there are people who have died because a psychopath chose a particular place because it was posted.

I'm not saying this is 100% true; but possible.

You are correct, there is speculation that the shooter in Colorado did this. However is doesnt lesson the private property owners right. It just means I go somewhere else.....
    kerberos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Here ya go...

I like it...

But what about something a little more obscure:

Anybody that carries a pistol will recognize it like a beacon, but it won't scare the unarmed...
    pfries likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I often thought that a big sticker to put under gunbuster signs would be good. I would stick it under the gunbuster signs I encounter. It would read

Unarmed victim zone, killers, robbers, rapists, feel free to do your worst in safety on this premises
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    I often thought that a big sticker to put under gunbuster signs would be good. I would stick it under the gunbuster signs I encounter. It would read

Unarmed victim zone, killers, robbers, rapists, feel free to do your worst in safety on this premises
    Vandalism is not the solution.... but that would be funny to see
    nedrgr21 likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

If I owned a small restaurant, at the bottom of each page of the menu:

"OC = 5% Discount. Applies to individuals only." That's it. The word would get around.

Note that it would automatically apply to uniformed LEO's.
    Spec likes this.

I like the idea. I would patronize a business posted like this every chance I could.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links