Well I took the big step today (Sunday)

This is a discussion on Well I took the big step today (Sunday) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to my local P.D with the paper work for ccw all filled out and ready to turn in. Turns out I can't do it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Well I took the big step today (Sunday)

Went to my local P.D with the paper work for ccw all filled out and ready to turn in. Turns out I can't do it on a sunday (says the women behind the glass) and I have to go back monday morning to turn it in to them (them being someone behind the glass). One would think it doesn't matter one the day of the week given it is just a large room filled with cubicles but I guess I will just do it in 12 hours. Almost there :)

I don't know if it is just my P.D but for anyone who hasn't put in their papers yet. You can't do it on the weekend if your P.D is like mine.
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    I am used to most PDs needing everyone available out on the streets on the weekend rather than in the office. Rarely can you get anything done in a government office on a weekend. Congratulations on starting the paperwork to be one of us who take their personal security seriously.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I am used to most PDs needing everyone available out on the streets on the weekend rather than in the office. Rarely can you get anything done in a government office on a weekend. Congratulations on starting the paperwork to be one of us who take their personal security seriously.
    +1. I would imagine in most local jurisdictions business must be conducted on a business day (M-F).

And, congrats on applying for your permit.

In Michigan we file at the County which, as I recall, is a 9-5 proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    In Michigan we file at the County which, as I recall, is a 9-5 proposition.
    Yeah, just did this in MI not too long ago. Forms must be signed in front of the clerk so it can be notarized, then you get to head off to the sheriff for fingerprinting... Then wait patiently for the card to arrive.
    In most places the records department is I only open M-F 9-5.

Distinguished Member
    In my town I believe they still require applicants to be fingerprinted and interviewed (a quick verbal review of the application questions) at the time of application submission, so it's M-F, 8-5, by appointment. IIRC, they also take the time to explain the whole process that takes place while you're waiting for the permit and discuss additional training, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Here in WI, you mail in the application, proof of some sort of training course you took, and $50. Wait two weeks and you have your CCW.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

In my county they limit the acceptance of applications to Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. In addition, they recently put a cap of 20 applications on a single day due to the increased volume. So, it is best to check with the police/sheriff/state trooper office before heading there as every situation is different.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Regardless of how you do it in Florida -- by mail or at a regional office -- there are at least several steps, i.e. fingerprinting -- that will limit you to 9-5 M-F.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    In my county they limit the acceptance of applications to Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. In addition, they recently put a cap of 20 applications on a single day due to the increased volume. So, it is best to check with the police/sheriff/state trooper office before heading there as every situation is different.
    I wonder if we're in the same county. I experienced this, too.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Can I skip some of this i.e finger printing if I already have prints in the system (courtesy the USMC).

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Can I skip some of this i.e finger printing if I already have prints in the system (courtesy the USMC).
    Probably not, most states want a fresh start on everything for the carry permits.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Unless they changed something you don't need finger prints in NH

From the back of the form:

The license is in duplicate, with one copy retained by the issuing entity, and bears the name, address,
    description and signature of the licensee. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to
    grant, deny or renew a license unless requested by the applicant

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...nts/dssp85.pdf
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Probably not, most states want a fresh start on everything for the carry permits.
    Yeah, its amazing they can't access the fingerprints over & over. I have been fingerprinted no less than 5 times (none for any criminal reason) for CWP, professional licenses (x 2 at least) and some other stuff. Same process every time. You'd think they'd all be tied into some digital database by now - unless they're just re-verifying every time to make sure they all match and no funny business is going on.

One more step to getting there. Congrats! Of course there is still the waiting to actually get it. But you're almost there. Plenty of time to review all the state laws and regulations.

Have you planned where you'll do your first carry? It's traditional to do Wal Mart with Nachos.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links