Defensive Carry banner

Well I took the big step today (Sunday)

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  donp326 
#1 ·
Went to my local P.D with the paper work for ccw all filled out and ready to turn in. Turns out I can't do it on a sunday (says the women behind the glass) and I have to go back monday morning to turn it in to them (them being someone behind the glass). One would think it doesn't matter one the day of the week given it is just a large room filled with cubicles but I guess I will just do it in 12 hours. Almost there :)

I don't know if it is just my P.D but for anyone who hasn't put in their papers yet. You can't do it on the weekend if your P.D is like mine.

#2 ·
I am used to most PDs needing everyone available out on the streets on the weekend rather than in the office. Rarely can you get anything done in a government office on a weekend. Congratulations on starting the paperwork to be one of us who take their personal security seriously.

#4 ·
In Michigan we file at the County which, as I recall, is a 9-5 proposition.

#5 ·
Yeah, just did this in MI not too long ago. Forms must be signed in front of the clerk so it can be notarized, then you get to head off to the sheriff for fingerprinting... Then wait patiently for the card to arrive.
In most places the records department is I only open M-F 9-5.

#6 ·
In my town I believe they still require applicants to be fingerprinted and interviewed (a quick verbal review of the application questions) at the time of application submission, so it's M-F, 8-5, by appointment. IIRC, they also take the time to explain the whole process that takes place while you're waiting for the permit and discuss additional training, etc.

#8 ·
In my county they limit the acceptance of applications to Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. In addition, they recently put a cap of 20 applications on a single day due to the increased volume. So, it is best to check with the police/sheriff/state trooper office before heading there as every situation is different.

#10 ·
I wonder if we're in the same county. I experienced this, too.

#9 ·
Regardless of how you do it in Florida -- by mail or at a regional office -- there are at least several steps, i.e. fingerprinting -- that will limit you to 9-5 M-F.

#13 ·
Unless they changed something you don't need finger prints in NH

From the back of the form:

The license is in duplicate, with one copy retained by the issuing entity, and bears the name, address,
description and signature of the licensee. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to
grant, deny or renew a license unless requested by the applicant

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/documents/dssp85.pdf

#15 ·
One more step to getting there. Congrats! Of course there is still the waiting to actually get it. But you're almost there. Plenty of time to review all the state laws and regulations.

Have you planned where you'll do your first carry? It's traditional to do Wal Mart with Nachos. :smile:

#17 ·
In Ky the application for a CCL is placed with the Sheriff's office in your county of residence and is open to the public most commonly between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. To the OP, the Public part of your police department is most likely the same or similar in its hours of operation.

Kentucky does not require finger print sheets either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.