Gun Buster Signs - Question and Confirmation - Texas CHL - Page 2

Gun Buster Signs - Question and Confirmation - Texas CHL

This is a discussion on Gun Buster Signs - Question and Confirmation - Texas CHL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since I saw the sign (all entrances or not), I will not be tempting fate by carrying there to be sure. Picked my wife up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gun Buster Signs - Question and Confirmation - Texas CHL

Since I saw the sign (all entrances or not), I will not be tempting fate by carrying there to be sure. Picked my wife up (while carrying) after her evening client client, I waited outside on the bench. I just remembered my instuctor saying the sign had to be posted on all entrances, but when I saw that the sign was only posted at the main entrance, I was unsure. Thanks for all of you input.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Since I'm coming late to the discussion (just joined the forum yesterday) perhaps you'll permit me to add a slightly off-topic comment. Don't give up on the wife. When I got my Texas CHL back in '98 my wife was not exactly anti-gun but definitely didn't want me carrying one. Fast-forward to 2012. She completed her CHL class about a month ago and bought a Ruger LC9. She can hardly wait for the license to come in so she can start carrying

If an establishment has a 30.06 sign, you have to realize that they are not "gun friendly". I'd use common sense, not technicalities. Either don't carry in that establishment, or stop going inside. It only takes one person finding out that you possess a weapon, calling police, and the property owner signing a criminal complaint. Regardless of any legal outcome (which won't be free, as you'll have to pay for legal defense, time off for court, etc.), you still have drawn unnecessary attention to yourself and put your permit in jeopardy, as well as risking some type of legal penalty. You never know what the judge will say.

All the potential ruckus just ain't worth it.
    68blackbird likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    Stay away from the front door. If you carry past a valid 30.06 sign, regardless if it's posted on some other entrance, then you are in violation. If you only use the back door, then you don't know what is or is not posted on the front door, right? You would logically assume that if the back door is not posted, the front door would not be either. But be observant. I have seen the back door of a business posted, but not the front.
    If you know that they do not want you to carry, why are you carrying? Obviously you know this as tehy posted the sign.

As gun owners shouldn't we do the right thing and take the high road? Perhaps inform the YMCA that their not in compliance and tell them they need another sign for the other entrance? I mean we are the good guys, right?

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    If you know that they do not want you to carry, why are you carrying? Obviously you know this as tehy posted the sign.

As gun owners shouldn't we do the right thing and take the high road? Perhaps inform the YMCA that their not in compliance and tell them they need another sign for the other entrance? I mean we are the good guys, right?
    First of all, posting 30.06 is a slap in the face to those with a CHL. Secondly, there are at least 2 good reasons NOT to tell someone they are not in compliance. One is that they may have an anti-gun boss but purposely posted not in compliance because they LIKE CHL people to carry there. The other reason is related to what I said at the start; if they really WANT to keep out law-abiding CHL folks, why should we help them?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Since I first wrote this post, the put up 30.06 signs at all entrances so it is a mute point. I did not point out the lack of signage and did not mention to anyone that I carry. I took the spirit of the main entrance sign and either don't carry there (leave it in my car) or don't enter the establishment. I agree with the 30.06 sign being a ridiculous for CHL holders, but it is the law, so we must comply both to the spirit and the letter of that law.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40inTX View Post
    Since I'm coming late to the discussion (just joined the forum yesterday) perhaps you'll permit me to add a slightly off-topic comment. Don't give up on the wife. When I got my Texas CHL back in '98 my wife was not exactly anti-gun but definitely didn't want me carrying one. Fast-forward to 2012. She completed her CHL class about a month ago and bought a Ruger LC9. She can hardly wait for the license to come in so she can start carrying
    I'm almost there with my wife. It helps that she has really enjoyed her trips to the range, as she's a natural. We're going to get her her own gun next week.....
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links