Moving up from my little Sig238.....

This is a discussion on Moving up from my little Sig238..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carried a P238 as a bug...traded it in for a P938...love it...it's only .25" longer...mine feeds everything I've put through it...feels the same as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Moving up from my little Sig238.....

I carried a P238 as a bug...traded it in for a P938...love it...it's only .25" longer...mine feeds everything I've put through it...feels the same as P238...recoil difference from P238 is negligable...two of my friends have them and think they're great also.
    I carry a .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly!
    Warning Shots Will Be Center Mass!

ARMY '56 to '65 SFC
    Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger And Still Being Alive To Brag About It!

2. Remove Ads

938 looks nice!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Well the hubby and I talked and decided that I am going to start out with a small .9mm for the winter and then go from there!!! Can't wait:) But I've got 3 to choose from!!! On the small .9mm, I love the trigger and I think it is a very hot gun to carry and big enough to fight with....
    On the bigger .9mm, this will be a good range gun for me, because full size guns are easier for me to shoot!!
    it also has the same controls as the sheild!!! Love it!!
    Ahhhhh, the .22, this will be the perfect training gun for me!!!!! HB says I can shoot sheep all day long!!!! Not gonna happen tho!!! LOL

M&P shield.jpgM&P 9mm.jpgM&P .22.jpg
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    Well the hubby and I talked and decided that I am going to start out with a small .9mm for the winter and then go from there!!! Can't wait:) But I've got 3 to choose from!!! On the small .9mm, I love the trigger and I think it is a very hot gun to carry and big enough to fight with....
    On the bigger .9mm, this will be a good range gun for me, because full size guns are easier for me to shoot!!
    Ahhhhh, the .22, this will be the perfect training gun for me!!!!! HB says I can shoot sheep all day long!!!! Not gonna happen tho!!! LOL

T-man and I just talked about those. You will like the shield. I think it will fit your style. He said he tried to find the bersa, but none were in stock. That will be something for him to buy you later. Let us know how you like shooting your new toys. A range report would be nice.....

VIP Member
    Well we can add these to the collection. You can have the shield, I have dibs on the full size 9mm and the .22.

I have the feeling my 9mm ammo budget just increased ten fold.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

LOL.. You are so funny!!! And you are right it did increase 10 fold!!! lol.. I will most def give out a range report!!! Sweet
    heart, you have to share the .22, so there!!!! Cant be stingy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Well we can add these to the collection. You can have the shield, I have dibs on the full size 9mm and the .22.

I have the feeling my 9mm ammo budget just increased ten fold.
    lyz_grace likes this.

Hahaha, you two are adorable. Definitely need a range report on whatever you end up getting!
    tacmansgirl likes this.

well get one asap lyz_grace:)

My wife is very small framed 5'4 120, she carries her Sig P238 with a "Flash Bang" Bra Holster..best concealed carry ever..
    tacmansgirl likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post

I predict you will like the Shield, a lot. It has the best trigger of the small nines other than the Glocks. I am not a fan of the interminably long light triggers like the Kahr and the LC9. I like everything about a Beretta Nano but the trigger. The XDs has a surprisingly good trigger. It's just too new. I had a Shield for a while and shouldn't have sold it - it was reliable, not a fussy eater, and point shot to the same place as my Glock 26. I may have to buy another. The difference in thickness between it and a Glock 26 makes made a noticable difference in carry comfort in an IWB holster, but I sold it to get a better scope for my ground hog rifle. It's the second gun I sold that I miss.

Fitch
    tacmansgirl likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    ResQRN. How does she like the Flashbang?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

In my humble opinion, the Glock 33 is the ideal "pocket" carry pistol. Stoked with 115grn Doubletap JHPs, it spits 'em out at over 1,500 fps and with around 600 foot-pounds of energy. Ammo around here costs about the same as .45ACP. Plus, it's fun to ding the 24"x24" steel 200 yard gongs at our range while holding right on target! Get's people's attention really quick when they see it's a "baby Glock."
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

My wife went from the 238 to the XDs. The recoil isn't bad but the textured grip is a bit rough on the hand. She's going to get some sort of slip on for it. M&P shield would be a good choice too since you have small hands.
    tacmansgirl likes this.

It might depend on what you mean by stepping up. TOa larger gun, or close to the same size gun in a larger caliber? Or both? I went backwards. I got a 938 last week, and loved it so much I went back and got a 238....I love this platform...needless to say.

You might also consider an lc9 or Beretta Nano. They both handle pretty well for pocket 9's. Another thought might be to go slightly bigger into a Glock 26. Not at all a pocket gun, but its a nice compromise between concealability and shootability. Also the xd 9mm subcompact. Everyone that I've let shoot mine has fallen in love and rushed out and bought their own. Always a good sign.

Here's something out of left field: try a Ruger LCR in .38.
    tacmansgirl likes this.

I am 5'5 and 125.. Does she like the flashbang pretty good????? I have seen those on a few sites, but I wasn't to sure about them.. I haven't really talked to anyone who has had much experience with them....

Quote Originally Posted by ResQRN View Post
    My wife is very small framed 5'4 120, she carries her Sig P238 with a "Flash Bang" Bra Holster..best concealed carry ever..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links