hidden pistol in car

This is a discussion on hidden pistol in car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Look harder. There is room under the BMW E36 ashtray and cupholders. Also check out under the shift console. These places may take modifying the ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: hidden pistol in car

Look harder. There is room under the BMW E36 ashtray and cupholders. Also check out under the shift console. These places may take modifying the pieces somewhat to make them more readily removable. Your hard to find requirement almost requires a panel or cupholder or something be removed. In many cars you can find something to give a stiff yank on that will move and allow you store stuff. Might have to remove a screw or two first, but then leave them out.

What model is it?

2. Remove Ads

I would recommend a different job that allows you to carry.
    Toorop likes this.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    On your hip....Whats my prize????? j/king

Get a lock box, put it under the back seat...
    You'll get nothing and like it.

I don't want to wear it while driving to and from work. I don't want to lock it up. I want it readily accessable.

Quote Originally Posted by TVille View Post
    Look harder. There is room under the BMW E36 ashtray and cupholders. Also check out under the shift console. These places may take modifying the pieces somewhat to make them more readily removable. Your hard to find requirement almost requires a panel or cupholder or something be removed. In many cars you can find something to give a stiff yank on that will move and allow you store stuff. Might have to remove a screw or two first, but then leave them out.

What model is it?
    E46 and I don't want to destroy the car. Removing the cup holder or other component to access a pistol isn't really "ready access". Plus, there isn't enough room under the cup holder or inside the e-brake boot to stow anything but a sub compact that won't be easy to access.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I would recommend a different job that allows you to carry.
    Should I put that on my resume? I suppose some people feel so strongly about their right to carry that they wouldn't have a job that didn't allow it. However, unless you are self employed, any employer can mandate a no carry rule at work. I'm not in a position to quite my job in order to carry.

I believe your wish list is to extensive to be a reality.

For example. In my car (Hyundai Sonata 2011) there is a center dash console that opens. I can fit my Glock 26 in there perfectly. It is not available to passengers in the back, it is not visible from people walking by, but.... It is still accessible when people break in and start looking at my compartments and it is not secure if i get into a accident.

If I were in your shoes... I would prioritize the list with the most important to the least important requirement for storing your gun in your vehicle. And then analyze at your options that way.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I believe your wish list is to extensive to be a reality.

For example. In my car (Hyundai Sonata 2011) there is a center dash console that opens. I can fit my Glock 26 in there perfectly. It is not available to passengers in the back, it is not visible from people walking by, but.... It is still accessible when people break in and start looking at my compartments and it is not secure if i get into a accident.

If I were in your shoes... I would prioritize the list with the most important to the least important requirement for storing your gun in your vehicle. And then analyze at your options that way.
    Ye of little faith. I say where there is a will, there is a way. I'm betting that the collective creativity of folks on this forum will come to an answer that satisfies my criteria.

OBTW, a friend recently had his M&P stolen from his car. It was "hidden" in a backpack in the back of a SUV with dark windows. You could not see anything through the windows but once the thief was in he grabbed the entire backpack. He was abiding the restaurant sign that said "No weapons, period". I would have eaten elsewhere.

VIP Member
    Does the vehicle have an overhead console in it? If so is there a location in it what would allow storage of the gun?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    What about those cool stash boxes favored by drugs dealers? You know, the ones where you have flash your lights twice, turn on the air, then honk your horn for it to unlock.

Sent from my palm device
    Poseidon likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I drive a Ram pickup, and have the same problems as the OP. I have a "Center of Mass" lockbox under my front seat, that never gets used. Mainly, because it's such a pain in the rear end, to get to. Only accessible if you are standing outside the pickup with the driver's door open. Center console hinged on back, thus making it quite awkward to open and be readily available.
    My solution has been to stuff the piece down between the right hand side of driver's seat, and the remaining seat. (split seats adjacent to center console.
    In the past, I've carried a large Mag Lite at same location. Good luck, and never mind the hecklers.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Does the vehicle have an overhead console in it? If so is there a location in it what would allow storage of the gun?
    no, but I like your thinking outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    What about those cool stash boxes favored by drugs dealers? You know, the ones where you have flash your lights twice, turn on the air, then honk your horn for it to unlock.

Sent from my palm device
    This would be the ultimate way to go but the expense of such a project is more than I have time or desire to entertain. That said, your idea would be really cool. Very James Bondish.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    I drive a Ram pickup, and have the same problems as the OP. I have a "Center of Mass" lockbox under my front seat, that never gets used. Mainly, because it's such a pain in the rear end, to get to. Only accessible if you are standing outside the pickup with the driver's door open. Center console hinged on back, thus making it quite awkward to open and be readily available.
    My solution has been to stuff the piece down between the right hand side of driver's seat, and the remaining seat. (split seats adjacent to center console.
    In the past, I've carried a large Mag Lite at same location. Good luck, and never mind the hecklers.
    Thanks Sarge. It is a tough set of criteria but I have faith in this think tank (forum). No worries about hecklers...that's just free entertainment. My idea is spawning...

velcro up and under the middile of the dash above and near your right foot. velco it (the gun has to be small enough) in the space between your roof and sunfoof (that is if you have a sunroof)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Get a book that you dont care about and cut the shape of the pistol into the pages of the book. Then slide the book in to the compartment on the door that is under the arm rest.
    Last edited by ClutchSR9C; September 20th, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: clarification
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links