hidden pistol in car - Page 3

hidden pistol in car

This is a discussion on hidden pistol in car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CLASS3NH velcro up and under the middile of the dash above and near your right foot. velco it (the gun has to ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: hidden pistol in car

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    velcro up and under the middile of the dash above and near your right foot. velco it (the gun has to be small enough) in the space between your roof and sunfoof (that is if you have a sunroof)
    Now we're talkin'. I like the lower location idea. The sunroof area won't work because I don't carry small guns and don't want to have to reach up to grab it. Ideas are floating around my mind. By tomorrow I hope to have a solution and over the weekend I'll have it done.

This is a timely topic for me, as I'm changing jobs and my new employer has a no guns policy. My situation is complicated by the fact that I park in a garage that is detatched from the house and separated by a significant distance. I do not want to enter the detached garage early in the morning or late at night unarmed.

I drive an SUV and I looked around in the back and found a tiny little cubby hole that I had never noticed in the 3 years I've owned the vechicle. I think I can hide my gun in there pretty effectively.

So, my plan is, carry out to the garage and put my briefcase in the back of the SUV, but keep the gun with me in the car for the drive to work. Once I arrive in the parking lot I will casually open the back of the SUV to get my briefcase and store my gun in the hiding spot.

The drive home will be the reverse procedure.

VIP Member
    How about when the car is parked, vandalized, stopped by LEO or if passenger goes into labor?....You need this:

Trunk Monkey Compilation - YouTube
    Poseidon likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Is this your car?
    bmw_e46_6.jpg

If so, what about building a lockable false facia for that storage compartment under the armrest? Something flush maybe, that could be permanently attached? If you had someone build it that did a good enough job, someone would have to be extremely familiar with that particular model of car to know there was something out of place there.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCap View Post
    Should I put that on my resume? I suppose some people feel so strongly about their right to carry that they wouldn't have a job that didn't allow it. However, unless you are self employed, any employer can mandate a no carry rule at work. I'm not in a position to quite my job in order to carry.
    Those of us who carry at work without our bosses consent, generally do so without his knowledge, for his protection, so he can claim I violated his rules and thus escape liability since the law doesn't explicitly protect him...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    How about when the car is parked, vandalized, stopped by LEO or if passenger goes into labor?....You need this:

Trunk Monkey Compilation - YouTube
    Once I get this worked out...
    when parked, nobody will be able to see the pistol and it will be in a location that a vandal would not look. Regarding the LEO let's just say I'd keep it all legal and focus on where to stow the pistol and not the law. I don't want to open a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Is this your car?
    bmw_e46_6.jpg

If so, what about building a lockable false facia for that storage compartment under the armrest? Something flush maybe, that could be permanently attached? If you had someone build it that did a good enough job, someone would have to be extremely familiar with that particular model of car to know there was something out of place there.
    Yes, my car with some minor differences. There is no room in any compartment under the armrest except for a little 380 auto which IMO is too small. I considered something under the armrest but that would be visable from inside and outside the car for a medium or large SA pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Those of us who carry at work without our bosses consent, generally do so without his knowledge, for his protection, so he can claim I violated his rules and thus escape liability since the law doesn't explicitly protect him...yet.
    I suppose each person has to evaluate the risks associated with carrying at work. What if something happens and you are incapacitated (hear attack, stroke, slip and konk your head, etc.) and when medical help arrives they notice you are packing. Then you lose your job and you weren't defending anyone. I hear ya but don't agree with your rationale for me.

VIP Member
    Why does it have to be in the "hidden" spot all the time.
    Best way to do it would be to get an old subwoofer, or amp that no one is using, make a small spot within it to stash the firearm.
    Then affix it in the trunk of said vehicle, get to almost where you are needing to be(work) and stow the weapon inside.
    Once out of the workplace go and get your firearm, and carry at will.
    If anyone "needs" to search/look inside all they see is something that appears to look like it belongs there anyway.

Hey, you aren't a mall cop are you, ? cause if you are, I just gave a terrific place to look.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCap View Post
    You'll get nothing and like it.

I don't want to wear it while driving to and from work. I don't want to lock it up. I want it readily accessable.

^^^^^^^^^^It may well appear^^^^^^

if we had you blindfolded in front of a firing squad that you would complain if we shot you with brand new bullets.

I'm out, your requirements are too stringent,
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

is it a stick shift? unscrew the top of the shifter, put the barell of the gun on the threaded part of the shifter; voila everyone will think its some kind of cool shifter...hidden in plain sight.

you can pay pal $19.99 for the "hidden in plain sight pistol" to me @......

LOL.

seriously though, I'll bet a decent fabricator could make that ashtray a big enough spot for whatever you want to carry. not the best hiding spot, but when you close the little door nobody will see it and it is still accessible.
    B34R likes this.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

You're not going to be able to have a completely hidden gun in a location unlikely to be found by a criminal, and still be able to access it in 2 seconds. Best idea is to have a lockbox somewhere and move the gun to the center console (or your hip) when you get back in the vehicle.
    oneshot and phreddy like this.

Maybe this has been answered already and I overlooked it but I was growing a bit tired of reading this or that wont work but I trust YOU will figure it out. Sorry, Im not trying to be rude.

You cant carry at work so you want to be able to keep your gun in your vehicle during this time? But you cant keep it in a safe under the seat because its not easily accessible? Am I good sofar?

If your IN your car why would you not just have the gun on your person at that point? It dosnt take much to reach under the seat, tap a couple of buttions and theres your gun. You can secure it with a cable to the seat frame.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I have seen rigs similar to what class3nh mentioned; a kydex holster screwed or bolted up under the steering column and above the pedals. I wouldn't be too confident about it not being findable regardless of where you put it though.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

In a shoulder holster on your person

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links