hidden pistol in car - Page 4

hidden pistol in car

This is a discussion on hidden pistol in car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think the "being found by a criminal" is your biggest hang up here. Other than that there a lots of good options given here. ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: hidden pistol in car

Distinguished Member
    I think the "being found by a criminal" is your biggest hang up here. Other than that there a lots of good options given here.

I think if there is a criminal in your car, your probably facing a good chance that the whole car could be taken. If not than its probably a quick grab and go break in, and they're probably not gonna be checking every nook and cranny looking for hidden stuff. Your gonna have to compromise somewhere man.

If not, best of luck to ya. I can't believe I wasted the time to read all of this and reply. But I bet your gonna waste alot more searching for the perfect spot/setup and still compromise something you listed.
    Ionracas likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I think the "being found by a criminal" is your biggest hang up here. Other than that there a lots of good options given here.

I think if there is a criminal in your car, your probably facing a good chance that the whole car could be taken. If not than its probably a quick grab and go break in, and they're probably not gonna be checking every nook and cranny looking for hidden stuff. Your gonna have to compromise somewhere man.

If not, best of luck to ya. I can't believe I wasted the time to read all of this and reply. But I bet your gonna waste alot more searching for the perfect spot/setup and still compromise something you listed.
    The biggest challenge here is the car itself. If it was an older pickup, or even a newer pickup, it would be much easier. If it were even an older car that one wouldn't feel bad taking a hacksaw to, it would be easier. But we're talking about a newer model luxury car with a picky owner (I would be too if I had a beemer...)
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Several folks have waved the "you have unreasonable expectations" flags; others have made good suggestions. Some have suggested a step back - the camp I'm in. Consider a two-step approach to your problem. But first, a reality check:

These were your criteria as originally posted:
    • It must be out of sight of passengers and from anyone looking in the car from the outside.
    • It must be in a location that is readily available (within 2 seconds).
    • It must not impede me from driving the car.
    • It must be located and stowed in a fashion that will not cause a problem should I get in a wreck or have to slam on the brakes.
    • It must be located and stowed in a location very unlikely for a thief to find.

During the thread you've also added:
    • Don't want to damage the car
    • Don't want a 380
    • Can't be a ceiling console/cabinet/whatever they're called
    • Can't be all James Bondish (the switch on the gearshift exposes the machineguns, etc.)
    • (implied) Has to be this car
    • (implied) Can't be real expensive

You've asked for "good, cheap and fast": usually you can get only two - and if you get those the other variable nearly always goes sour. I'm afraid that in the real world you will need to compromise on one of your requirements in a big way, or slightly on two or more of them.

If I were in your situation (that is, had I decided I needed what you need, and wanted what you want), I would:
    • Seriously consider the trunk safe and the arm/disarm-while-stowing-the-briefcase idea mentioned above;
    • Buy a Taurus 380 or KelTec PF9 and ditch it in the console or in a cut-out book in the door (good idea from above) so I at least had something with me;
    • Save my dough;
    • Make some pals in the police department (where I live or wherever I have contacts);
    • Ask my PD pals to ask my question discretely among the DEA or Border Patrol folks THEY might know - they've seen all sorts of hidey-places;
    • Ask my PD pals if they know a auto customizer that they consider honest (or if they know of anyone I should stay away from);
    • Take my car, my question and my cash to this auto customizer, and see what mischief he might be able to pull - I've seen the whole grillwork from one car replaced with the grillwork from another, for instance. It is possible he could (for instance) add a different console, change the shape of the gearshift boot, or remove the back pocket from the passenger seat and add a panel of vinyl with Velcro closures allowing you to peel it back in a hurry when you need to get to your weapon.

I wish you the best in your efforts.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I certiainly meant no disrespect in my earlier post. I deffinatley agree about being picky and not wanting to damage a BMW. But all of thoes expectations in one are a little ambitious, unfortunatley.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I have it figured out and can satisfy all of my requirements. One of the above replies has really good merit. Most did not RTFQ which makes reading some replies fun (read free entertainment). For those who support thinking outside the box and chime in with reasonable input - Thanks! I hope the concept I have come up with will help others. I'll have it done by the end of the weekend and post photos for all to see. I already have a mock up of my plan and I believe it will work perfect. Everyone have a great weekend.

Goodluck. If it works out deffinatley share it with some pictures. Maybe some of us just dont have the imagination you needed lol
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

I have a hard time taking no for an answer...just ask my wife

Mine would probably say the same
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

VIP Member
    Hiding is not my concern, as if it's found by another it can be taken. I have a simple solution. I steel cable and a lock beneath my seat. I secure the pistol to the cable with the lock beneath my seat when I have to leave it in the car. The lock and cable are such that the pistol will need to be destroyed to be removed (or the thief can pick a lock or remove my seat from the frame, or steal my car). When I'm in the car, the pistol is either on my person or in a fobus paddle hoster bolted into the bottom of the steering wheel column.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCap View Post
    I have it figured out and can satisfy all of my requirements. One of the above replies has really good merit. Most did not RTFQ which makes reading some replies fun (read free entertainment). For those who support thinking outside the box and chime in with reasonable input - Thanks! I hope the concept I have come up with will help others. I'll have it done by the end of the weekend and post photos for all to see. I already have a mock up of my plan and I believe it will work perfect. Everyone have a great weekend.
    Cool. Let's see the prototype when you have it ready.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing your solution!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

okay folks...I've been called on the carpet by one of you who was gentleman enough to write me a PM vs a reply to my thread.

I truely meant no disrespect to any of you who posted replies or ideas. I enjoy finding what people are made of in the sense of humor department and it appears my approach came across the wrong way. I appologize to the forum. I'll do my best to offer positive feedback to your posts and appreciate the input you give to mine. PC

VIP Member
    <Deleted>.
    Last edited by PEF; September 20th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: I think what I did was a forum no-no! I'll play by the rules...

I suppose a large tube of KY Jelly and a quick release back panel in your slacks wouldn't work would it? You DID say you appreciated humor didn't you!!!!!
    Harryball and B34R like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I do and you made me laugh. Thanks. I suppose in some countries that might be a good choice. However, my head is up there now so bare with me while I pull it out. How's that for humor?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links