hidden pistol in car - Page 7

hidden pistol in car

This is a discussion on hidden pistol in car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Answer is simple. Keep it in a fanny pack that sits in your lap (strapped around your waist, of course) while driving. Tuck it in ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: hidden pistol in car

Answer is simple. Keep it in a fanny pack that sits in your lap (strapped around your waist, of course) while driving. Tuck it in your glove box (locked?) or in your center console when you are not in the car.

Thanks for the input and good ideas.

All finished, met all my criteria, and works like a champ. I used a leather backed Kydex (King Tuk style) holster, cut the leather to fit, and mounted it under the dash way back out of sight. It is out of sight, out of my way, and easy to access.

Mounted holster to underside of dash on driver's side:
    IMAG0928.jpg

View from standing next to car on driver's side:
    IMAG0931.jpg

View from kneeling next to open driver's door(you can barely see the pistol under the dash):
    IMAG0937.jpg

View from floor (camera aimed up under dash)
    IMAG0933.jpg
    joker1 and RammanRiley like this.
    Thanks to all who have served in the military of our great country.
    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member

I gotta say, I'm impressed. Great work.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I've thought of doing this. Nice execution, however, my needs would be to have it set up so that it could be used for various guns, not just one make/model. If for just one gun like an XD or Glock, that looks great.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    VERY nice job.

And the high-quality craftsmanship matches the car, too.

[Mine would be done with duct tape... though it would match my car, come to think of it].
    BenGoodLuck and McDonaldUSMC like this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

You must be left handed?

nope. I'm a righty. There simply was no place to put the holster within easy reach of my right hand. It does require me to switch the pistol from left to right but since I shoot IDPA and practice weak hand shooting (including swapping hands on the fly) it's very natural for me. I'm sure any other right handed shooters could practice a few draws and find it easy.
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member

VIP Member
    I'm not a fan of leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle, even if hidden. If I have to leave the firearm, it goes in the GunVault bolted beneath the rear seat.

That said, I am left handed & when driving the seat belt causes drawing issues while belted up. so rather than let the firearm bounce around lose, I use the Serpa holsters & mounts. The good thing is, you can rotate the holster on the mount to get in just the right position. Then, when you get to destination, you can unhook the holster & just leave the ring mount on the dash & put the empty holster in the console. Plus with the Serpas you can swap holsters depending on which firearm you're carrying. In the pictures below, one is for 1911s & the other for Glocks.

Here is one in my Ford Raptor & one in Jeep Wrangler.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I'm not a fan of leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle, even if hidden. If I have to leave the firearm, it goes in the GunVault bolted beneath the rear seat.

That said, I am left handed & when driving the seat belt causes drawing issues while belted up. so rather than let the firearm bounce around lose, I use the Serpa holsters & mounts. The good thing is, you can rotate the holster on the mount to get in just the right position. Then, when you get to destination, you can unhook the holster & just leave the ring mount on the dash & put the empty holster in the console. Plus with the Serpas you can swap holsters depending on which firearm you're carrying. In the pictures below, one is for 1911s & the other for Glocks.

Here is one in my Ford Raptor & one in Jeep Wrangler.
    I understand your concern but leaving a gun in your bolted down gunvault is still leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle. We each have to evaluate the risks we're willing to take (hopefully within the law) and how best to satisfy our needs while exercising our 2nd amendment rights. I do like the swappable (is that a word?) mounting bracket you have used. Nicely done.
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member

Stick a flower in the barrel and velcro it to the console,it's no longer a gun it's a vase
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    The most practical way to keep and secure a handgun that also doesn't attract undue attention is my "Hidden Agenda" Plannerbook holster from Galco. It also fits both of my handguns as well as keep it locked up (zipper lock mechanism). If I decide to reholster, I can get to my trunk, unlock the zipper, walk back inside my car with the planner, and take the gun out while inside my car. You can't beat that kind of security as well as discretion in one package.

It sounds like I may have given you the best idea, based on my first post. ok now.....pay up............ LMAO here. . BTW, Nice job.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    It sounds like I may have given you the best idea, based on my first post. ok now.....pay up............ LMAO here. . BTW, Nice job.
    I'll give you partial credit but have to give the nod to MsHB as well for taking it one step further and closer to my final design. You are both winners! Let me know when you are in Portland and I'll buy you a beer from one of our many microbreweries.
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I guess I never thought about it; SINCE I HAVE A PERMIT!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Buy a center of mass safe cable tie it under your car seat. When you are driving move your holstered pistol to an area that is easier to draw from. When you leave your car and cannot carry your pistol lock it in the safe that is hidden under the drivers seat.
    That is exactly what I've done!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links