Greetings, I like knowledge, discussing thought provoking topics, and having fun. Here we go...
For my first post let's play a little game I call RTFQ. Where is the best place to hide a pistol in a car?
I searched this topic to no avail. Everything about this post is with the intent to follow the law. I have multiple concealed carry permits. I can't carry at work. Otherwise I carry everywhere I am legally allowed. I typically don't go into places where I'm not allowed to carry. Since I can't carry at work, I want to keep a pistol in my car all the time. That way while I'm driving to and from work I can have a pistol with me. I do not want to carry on my person while dressed for work so the pistol in question needs to be hidden in my car.
The criteria are simple for where and how to hide a pistol. The answer may not be so simple:
1. It must be out of sight of passengers and from anyone looking in the car from the outside.
2. It must be in a location that is readily available (within 2 seconds).
3. It must not impede me from driving the car.
4. It must be located and stowed in a fashion that will not cause a problem should I get in a wreck or have to slam on the brakes.
5. It must be located and stowed in a location very unlikely for a thief to find.
Let the fun begin!