hidden pistol in car

hidden pistol in car

This is a discussion on hidden pistol in car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings, I like knowledge, discussing thought provoking topics, and having fun. Here we go... For my first post let's play a little game I call ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: hidden pistol in car

hidden pistol in car

Greetings, I like knowledge, discussing thought provoking topics, and having fun. Here we go...

For my first post let's play a little game I call RTFQ. Where is the best place to hide a pistol in a car?

I searched this topic to no avail. Everything about this post is with the intent to follow the law. I have multiple concealed carry permits. I can't carry at work. Otherwise I carry everywhere I am legally allowed. I typically don't go into places where I'm not allowed to carry. Since I can't carry at work, I want to keep a pistol in my car all the time. That way while I'm driving to and from work I can have a pistol with me. I do not want to carry on my person while dressed for work so the pistol in question needs to be hidden in my car.

The criteria are simple for where and how to hide a pistol. The answer may not be so simple:
    1. It must be out of sight of passengers and from anyone looking in the car from the outside.
    2. It must be in a location that is readily available (within 2 seconds).
    3. It must not impede me from driving the car.
    4. It must be located and stowed in a fashion that will not cause a problem should I get in a wreck or have to slam on the brakes.
    5. It must be located and stowed in a location very unlikely for a thief to find.

Let the fun begin!

Oh Oh pick me!! Slice the drivers seat cover, remove small amount of foam, insert firearm and sit on it.

Some rather strict criteria there. LOL

Every car, SUV, truck is different as to possible hiding places, so it may be difficult to get "across the board" answers. It's #5 that's the most difficult... you want it easily accessible if needed but somewhere that is unlikely to be found by a thief.

Maybe disguise the gun as a fake pile of dog poop on the drivers floorboard. :-)
    Badey, DaveH, FLArmadillo and 1 others like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Too many variables. Console in your car? Room under the front seat? Does it have to be concealed or in plain sight in your State? Seems there's not a real good option that will universally fit everything.

What kind of car do you drive? Give us a better idea of nooks and crannies we can exploit.
    Molon Labe

Wargames scenario. No way to win this one, I'm out.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Passenger side, back seat pocket. Easily reached with drivers right hand, completely hidden. Only down side is if you have passengers or kids back there. Most of the time any car or truck has one of those too.

Lockable box if you want to keep in car. Lock it up when gun is left in car and get it out when get in car.

Senior Moderator
    Buy a center of mass safe cable tie it under your car seat. When you are driving move your holstered pistol to an area that is easier to draw from. When you leave your car and cannot carry your pistol lock it in the safe that is hidden under the drivers seat.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Already the bored among us, me included, have given up on this "fun". I have a life and others do to. You cannot have your cake and eat it to. Drug dealers can hide their drugs as good as anyone, if not better than anyone, but it takes forever to access same. State laws tend to dictate the answers, as well. That's it, I have things to do, places to go, people to see---no more fun.

Hire a ninja to hide in your car and conceal it.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

I'm not here to hassle anyone. This is a legitimate request.

Driver's seat cover/foam removal...don't want to destroy the seat.
    Under front seat...to easy for a thief to find. Must be concealed in Oregon.
    BMW
    Passenger back of seat pocket. Again, too easy for a thief to find plus available to passengers.
    Lock box no good becuase to be out of sight it would have to go in the trunk making it a daily chore to stow and retrieve.
    Safe under seat no good because its too hard to get at the pistol if you need it and don't want to stow & retrieve twice daily
    kelcarry - sorry to bore you. Funny you took so much time to respond...6 sentences to say "see ya"? No worries...you'll be watching this thread.

I have an idea but want to see if there is any input from this forum before I divulge my thoughts.
    Once I figure this out I will be happy to share with the forum.
    OBTW, I'm not new to CC, guns, forums, just new to this forum. I try to contribute with substance in addition to learning from others.

You can always install custom secret compartments.
    B34R likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    You can always install custom secret compartments.
    I like the way you think. Although every car is different, BMW doesn't leave any room behind anything. If I was carrying a micro compact I'd use an idea I got from a guy which is to cut some foam out in the shape of the gun from under the carpet just in front of the driver's seat and lay the carpet over the gun. Too slow to access plus I don't want to destroy the carpet.

The criteria are simple for where and how to hide a pistol. The answer may not be so simple:
    1. It must be out of sight of passengers and from anyone looking in the car from the outside.
    2. It must be in a location that is readily available (within 2 seconds).
    3. It must not impede me from driving the car.
    4. It must be located and stowed in a fashion that will not cause a problem should I get in a wreck or have to slam on the brakes.
    5. It must be located and stowed in a location very unlikely for a thief to find.

On your hip....Whats my prize????? j/king

Get a lock box, put it under the back seat...
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links