Creaking Leather

This is a discussion on Creaking Leather within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Living in the heat of south Texas I went with the horse hide. I noticed the creak and tried felt behind the clips, oiling the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Creaking Leather

Living in the heat of south Texas I went with the horse hide. I noticed the creak and tried felt behind the clips, oiling the leather, and other idea. Nothing helped. I had the holster for 4 months before I got an MTAC. The MTAC hasn't squeaked since the day I first put it on.

2. Remove Ads

For what its worth, I spoke to the folks at Brommeland Leather yesterday and asked about leather holsters that creak. They told me that for leather holsters that are made by sewing two pieces of leather together, such as most pancake style holsters, the creaking comes from not glueing the two pieces together prior to sewing.

Minor thread jacking about to happen...I have heard great things about their quality and a few bad things about their service. Most of the bad is due to some orders in the past being delayed without communication. The folks with the delayed orders stated they were told that the delay was due to poor quality leather and having to be returned. Since every post I've read brags on the quality of the product I have made an assumption (right or wrong) that the maker is very particular and only wants to provide top notch quality. I ordered an IWB holster from them for my Sig P239 with a 4-6 week lead time. Let's see what happens. Thread jacking ceased. Carry on
    Thanks to all who have served in the military of our great country.
    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links