I guess you could say I'm half way there

This is a discussion on I guess you could say I'm half way there within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My gf and aunt let me know today that they got the letters asking about me from the P.D and already sent them in. Also ...

Thread: I guess you could say I'm half way there

My gf and aunt let me know today that they got the letters asking about me from the P.D and already sent them in. Also ordered my holster. To those that have seen the holster thread..... yes you all have convinced me. Though to add about the trigger being covered, it is not exactly a hair trigger, 7lb actually. anyway I went with a holster.

Being that these letters are being sent back so soon (only turned in the papers to my P.D 4 days ago). is it likely that I will not be waiting the full 14 days?

That's great news! Glad to hear the process is moving forward quickly. Also glad to hear you've been "convinced" to carry with a holster...sure don't want to see anyone injured due to an AD. I understand your thinking about the trigger not being "a hair trigger," however that is only one way to have an AD...the most common cause is reaching for the weapon and accidentally getting a finger caught inside the trigger guard. That usually ends up ruining your day...

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    My gf and aunt let me know today that they got the letters asking about me from the P.D and already sent them in. Also ordered my holster. To those that have seen the holster thread..... yes you all have convinced me. Though to add about the trigger being covered, it is not exactly a hair trigger, 7lb actually. anyway I went with a holster.

Being that these letters are being sent back so soon (only turned in the papers to my P.D 4 days ago). is it likely that I will not be waiting the full 14 days?
    You have to have references in NH?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    If so, that doesn't sound exactly "shall issue".
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Yes, 3 actually. The other was my mother. however in NH it does not matter who your references are (idk if that is something that matters else where)...........................We were close to being a right to carry state last year but Gov Lynch shut it down even though it passed with just about the exact majority we needed. However he said from the beginning that no matter what he would shut it down (d bag). I believe he did take just about every law against knives away though (not that it makes it better). I'd rather have the right to carry be instated. I believe 4 states have right to carry laws and have had no problem with it. I can't think of all of them off hand but I know AK is one.

How do you know your mother and Girlfriend gave you a good reference????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    How do you know your mother and Girlfriend gave you a good reference????????????/
    The same way one knows 2+2=4. Its a fact :).

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    glad its a fast process
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Good luck with the process. Glad you took the advice on the holster. It's always good to add another responsible gun owner to the ever growing list of citizens that take SD seriously. Remember, because you carry you have become an active advocate for our 2A right. Guard it carefully.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Links