Pure Kustom Holsters?

Pure Kustom Holsters?

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom Holsters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi I am looking into buying a pure kustom holster for my S&W M&P 40 cal Has anyone owned the black ops and black ops ...

Pure Kustom Holsters?

Hi I am looking into buying a pure kustom holster for my S&W M&P 40 cal

Has anyone owned the black ops and black ops pro holster?
    If so, which one is more comfortable and is it worth getting the pro over the regular black ops?

Thank You

I have the black ops pro holster and it is very comfortable. Do not know about the black ops but you can't go wrong with the pro...

Awesome

I just ordered the pro and Rocky seems like a good guy, I can't wait to get it!
    He told me it will take about 2 weeks.
    I ordered one for my S&W M&P .40 full size and I am hoping with all the different setup the pro gives you, I can find the best one to conceal it and most comfortable.

Thanks

I have the Black Ops. You won't be disappointed and Rocky is a great guy to deal with. Very personable.

That reminds me. I need to order some tucking loops from him!
    Last edited by BIGSAM; September 23rd, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Carry my 1911 in my Black Ops Pro and love it. It is comfortable and close fitting.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My Black Ops Pro is my favorite holster. Top quality, fits close and reholsters easily but still has excellent retention.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I love my Black Ops Pro Trooper! Rocky is really great to work with.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Black Ops Pro. Put it up against my Milt Sparks. Yeah, I'm gonna catch flak, but I sold the VMII and kept my BOP. Course, I made a profit off the VMII, so I can't complain.
    Rocky is a great guy, and if you have the patience (and $$), he makes some killer custom rigs as well.

I have the Black Ops for my 1911.
    Awesome holster from and awesome guy.
    I cannot say enough good things about Rocky, his craftsmanship and his customer service!

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Awesome

Thanks for all the responses, I can't wait till I get my holster!

Looking foward to it!

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Black Ops Pro. Put it up against my Milt Sparks. Yeah, I'm gonna catch flak, but I sold the VMII and kept my BOP.
    I don't think you should catch any flak at all.

Holster preference is very personal, and I think that's a valid reason why there's so many top-tier makes that continue to do so well.

For me, personally, I think that Rocky, with his Black Ops, has managed to achieve at least par in terms of quality/craftsmanship as Sparks' legendary VM2, and in all honesty, I like the way the Black Ops - specifically, the "Pro" model - carries better than the VM2 because there's significantly more adjustability to be had: I prefer the gun to ride as low to my beltline as possible, as that's where I find, on my body, to be best concealment, and the VM2 cannot achieve that desire.

The holster is fast and offers wonderful retention. Rocky calls it "Cowdex," and you know what, it's true: when you holster, just like with a Kydex rig, you'll hear the gun "pop" as you draw it from the holster, and again when you return it home, as it goes into full passive retention. The generous sweat-shield will mean that even the larger body types can comfortably conceal-carry all day with it.

KungFu Panda - YouTube

^ I shot horribly in that little end-of-day contest on TD3 of HE01: I missed two on the far left steel, then I missed one on the far right . You had to run the entire thing clean, to win. But besides that, my feet moved (I had yet to be able to internalize Costa's much more aggressive stance - I did not fully get that in my brain until TD1 of HE02, after I'd rested for a day and got my thoughts together), and I was quite slow in getting to the prone (a choreography that took me until TD02 of HE02 to figure out...I'm not a good dancer, just ask my wife) and even slower shooting from there (although I did make all of my prone shots, which had been very important to me as I'd been struggling with it through the previous two days of that class session, due to my cross-dominance).

That's not why I brought up the vid.

I brought it up so that you can see what kind of things I put the holster through. I'm 6-ft., at a porky 250 lbs. (that's why my friend titled the video Kung Fu Panda, which was the nickname Costa gave me that week ). I'd been slamming down on top of that holster all day, shooting from prone and "Urban Prone," and where I wear it (at my 2:30), you can see that I slam down on the holster every time I drop flat. At the end of the video, you can also see that although my shirt gave me some problems on the re-holster stroke (I have no clue why I hadn't stood up to reholster? probably because by that time, at the end of 3 days of intensive shooting, I'd been brain-dead ), the holster's mouth did not collapse and I'd been able to easily reinsert it at my waistline. Rewind the video to 0:20, and you'll even hear a "pop" as I pull the gun out to press-check.

Another plus is that Rocky's really got the customer-service part of it down, too.

When I decided to rotate my older Black Ops Pro to dedicated range/training status and purchase a new one for daily carry, when Rocky picked up the phone, the first thing he did was ask me if I'd been somehow unhappy with the old one, if it broke or was otherwise giving me problems. I reassured him that's not the reason why I wanted another, that it's just because I prefer to have dedicated training gear and guns versus carry gear and guns, and I preferred the two to be identical copies, to insure that I could "play it as real as it would lay."

It's good stuff, and I heartily recommend it.

VIP Member
    The PK BOP is my go to holster. I have several and Rocky is a great guy to work with. The only difference between the BO & BOP is the belt loops. If you want to try both, just order a spare set of loops and you can see which works best for you.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have a pair of BOPs and they're excellent!
    I highly recommend them.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

We have 3 Pure Kustom Holsters, since I got a new Sig P229 I guess we'll have 4 soon.

Great product, you won't be disappointed.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Links