Bank carrying? - Page 5

Bank carrying?

This is a discussion on Bank carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt Hmmm...whatever happened to a person researching the laws of HIS specific state, instead of relying on the "drugstore lawyers" of ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bank carrying?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Hmmm...whatever happened to a person researching the laws of HIS specific state, instead of relying on the "drugstore lawyers" of Defensive Carry to give them the correct answer? Just sayin!!!
    What's the fun in that?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    It's legal in Texas unless they post a legal sign. I carry everywhere I legally can.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Many banks here in Houston post signs welcoming legal concealed carry holders.

Myk
    I know personally that almost every teller at the bank where I do business took their CC class with the same instructor I used, a couple of them were in my class, and they carry concealed at work. They also know I carry there. If it aint posted in Ohio, it's legal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    I know personally that almost every teller at the bank where I do business took their CC class with the same instructor I used, a couple of them were in my class, and they carry concealed at work. They also know I carry there. If it aint posted in Ohio, it's legal.
    Unless they tell you not to carry in their establishment, in which case it becomes illegal.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

It is legal to carry in a bank in Georgia, which I do when I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
    Personally, I see an open forum as a place to exchange knowledge and ideas and a place to seek clarification of existing information. I would not take the info someone offered here directly and testify in court as to its validity. However, without discussions of member's state laws, I don't see the forum as useful for much more than holster selection and rehashing news reports. Well that, and the awesome topic of busting ones concealed carry cherry in Walmart.... Not trying to open a debate or anything, but merely stating my two cents as well.
    The main issue may be trespassing, not carrying. It would depend on how the officer interpreted the signage. If they feel that the sign was sufficient warning that you should not carry, then it would be trespassing to ignore it. And yes, they are unbearably vague most of the time. And even worse, our AG refuses to clarify some of the worst questions. Which means I am responsible for know what the law says, even if the head LEO in the state refuses to translate it.
    bull8042 likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    The main issue may be trespassing, not carrying. It would depend on how the officer interpreted the signage. If they feel that the sign was sufficient warning that you should not carry, then it would be trespassing to ignore it. And yes, they are unbearably vague most of the time. And even worse, our AG refuses to clarify some of the worst questions. Which means I am responsible for know what the law says, even if the head LEO in the state refuses to translate it.
    Yes, but wouldn't a little thing like trespassing by carrying a gun where you're not supposed to be a pretty big thing when it comes to renewing or even keeping your license?

I think it would where I live.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I suppose that would vary from state to state. Here in FL, if asked to leave and you refuse, while carrying, that becomes "felony" trespassing in lieu of misdemeanor tresspassing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    I lock mine in the car safe or use the drive thru here in NE.

Anyplace in NE that is listed in the following statute does not need to post signs.

(Note of interest...The listing below states establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor is currently being reviewed/changed. I mean really...how the heck am I suppose to know if half or more of their income is from liquor? And what if it is one month but not the next?

69-2441. Permitholder; locations; restrictions; posting of prohibition; consumption of alcohol; prohibited.
    (1)(a) A permitholder may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in Nebraska, except any: Police, sheriff, or Nebraska State Patrol station or office; detention facility, prison, or jail; courtroom or building which contains a courtroom; polling place during a bona fide election; meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or other political subdivision; meeting of the Legislature or a committee of the Legislature; financial institution; professional or semiprofessional athletic event; building, grounds, vehicle, or sponsored activity or athletic event of any public, private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private postsecondary career school as defined in section 85-1603, a community college, or a public or private college, junior college, or university; place of worship; hospital, emergency room, or trauma center; political rally or fundraiser; establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor; place where the possession or carrying of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law; a place or premises where the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has prohibited permitholders from carrying concealed handguns into or onto the place or premises; or into or onto any other place or premises where handguns are prohibited by state law.
    Good gosh man.... I love that it's all in one paragraph there.... not a list... .I may not visit NE anytime soon.... I think the only places NOT on the list are:

In your garage
    In your bathroom

If your wife says it's okay

Yes I carry in the bank.. but not in the credit union, it's posted... no wait... I carry in the credit union... and if they discern that I am carrying, they can ask me to leave.... and I will do so... after I close my accounts.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If is not posted, I carry....Unless prohibited by law, schools,post office, etc.

Concealed means concealed. The only places I don't regularly carry is where they scan. Usually courthouses - which, by the way, other than recent jury duty I haven' been to in an official capacity since the last century.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

Last time I carried a bank, I threw my back out. Lift with the legs man!
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good gosh man.... I love that it's all in one paragraph there.... not a list... .I may not visit NE anytime soon.... I think the only places NOT on the list are:

In your garage
    In your bathroom

If your wife says it's okays....
    Let's all bow our heads for the man's prayer.....

I'm a man...
    But I can change...
    If I have to...
    I guess

Sorry, OT I know, but it's what came to mind when I was reading your post.

There's a bank in Chapel Hill Texas that encourages people to carry in their bank! They even put a sign up saying just that.
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hand.
    SENECA the younger
    Roman stoic philosopher
    4 B.C. - 65 A.D.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links