WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

This is a discussion on WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was glad to see someone had the good sense to tell others not to touch the gun until the cops arrived....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

I was glad to see someone had the good sense to tell others not to touch the gun until the cops arrived.

2. Remove Ads

Its good to see people taking action.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Great news story! I think we need more people like these, who are willing to get involved. Risky? Yes, of course. But if more citizens would stand up to criminals and say Enough!, then many criminals and would-be-criminals would think twice before trying anything stupid.
    detective likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Anyone notice the jammed up glock on the ground? Wonder what went down before the take down.
    I saw that too. Would be nice to know if the gun jammed during the robbery or during the take-down.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I saw that too. Would be nice to know if the gun jammed during the robbery or during the take-down.
    Agreed. I'm thinking it was something like what "FAS1" stated most likely. Could be wrong, but Glocks are extremely reliable pistols in most cases.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

More footage of this from the news channel that caught most of it on tape.
    Sidewalk heroes take down masked gunman wanted in robbery,... | www.kirotv.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Those are some brave folks. Not sure what transpired early on but it looks like they confronted the armed criminal....hope none of the defenders were injured. I didn't see any blood on the guy holding his arm.
    I saw what appeared to be blood on his hand...but doesn't look like a major injury.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    That video made my day... fellow citizens from different backgrounds working together and doing the right thing.
    It's a beautiful thing.
    The out-of-battery Glock... suggests that it was fired, but its reloading cycle interfered with... correct?
    Seems like it, having to be fired first - or perhaps when it was taken away from the BG something happened to it.

(Boy, if there had been shooting from the BG, that cameraman would be the first to take a hit he was so much in everyone's face.)

NB! The Whole Story

Quote Originally Posted by BiggSlic View Post
    More footage of this from the news channel that caught most of it on tape.
    Sidewalk heroes take down masked gunman wanted in robbery,... | www.kirotv.com
    So, here's the rest of the story in the link above (except I can't bring up the video, just the still shots.) The gunman had already shot twice at the owner of the store, and the security guard took him down first. Then others joined. It was more dangerous even then the CNN video showed - a BG already committed to killing people and having just attempted it, and the citizens still risk all to help. Very, VERY good! They put their lives on the line.

And Biggslic, thanks so much for the link!
    Last edited by detective; September 25th, 2012 at 02:27 AM.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Excellent story.

Sounded (according to the posted article) that people were coming out of the woodwork, and every direction and put a hurt on this knuckledragging scum.
    Kinda heartwarming.
    detective likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    So, here's the rest of the story in the link above (except I can't bring up the video, just the still shots.) The gunman had already shot twice at the owner of the store, and the security guard took him down first. Then others joined. It was more dangerous even then the CNN video showed - a BG already committed to killing people and having just attempted it, and the citizens still risk all to help. Very, VERY good! They put their lives on the line.
    In fact, the security guard took down the perp initially BY HIMSELF and he was already shot once in the arm! The video also shows a jammed Glock (of all things) that is eventually tossed from the scrum.

More Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Needed more info so i went looking:
    Hotel doorman shot after robbery; witnesses tackle gunman | Local News | The Seattle Times

I think to call it brandishing is a bit extreme, in my opinion he was reaching for handcuffs kept in a small of the back holster and happened to reveal his gun. He probably just couldnt get them out of the case which is why his coat was pushed aside for so long.

Thanks for this, the doorman who chased and first caught the guy was fired at 3 times and was wounded in the arm. Thanks a lot!

Love the quote from the newspaper vendor who got involved:

"Parker said he didn't think twice about becoming involved.

'These people are my people, they're people who help me put food on the table every night," he said of those who work in the area.' "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NB: Why don't the fools running our country imitate their own common citizens, if they had half the courage and sense of community these ordinary good people do who work hard for their small living we'd be much better off. POLITICIANS TAKE NOTE!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Needed more info so i went looking:
    Hotel doorman shot after robbery; witnesses tackle gunman | Local News | The Seattle Times

I think to call it brandishing is a bit extreme, in my opinion he was reaching for handcuffs kept in a small of the back holster and happened to reveal his gun. He probably just couldnt get them out of the case which is why his coat was pushed aside for so long.
    That makes since, brandish was the wrong word. I didn't notice his handcuffs were there also.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Nice. those people probably saved few lives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links