WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here - Page 3

WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

This is a discussion on WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin Anyone notice the jammed up glock on the ground? Wonder what went down before the take down. I'm pretty sure he ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Anyone notice the jammed up glock on the ground? Wonder what went down before the take down.
    I'm pretty sure he was tackled for being a Glockaphile....

Glad they got the guy but what I have always thought and was certainly reflected is the participants/spectators didn't realize this was a real event until it was over. All too often in a scenario like this we have that thought, leading to a delayed reaction.

I guess the guy that was shot didn't know that the awesome power on the 9mm should have sheared his arm off, oh wait thats the 45 that does that.........

Awesome job, the only real question I have is what was that cop gonna do with his shotgun?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It was good to see the cops not rush in holler'n and everone and doing something stupid for a change. Just stepped up and did as they should. Sure wish there was more video , before and after. Way to go good guys.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Thanks for that, boy, apparently a lot of shots were fired by BG, both in the store he ripped off and at the doorman chasing him. First time I saw it I didn't realize that or that the doorman was hit. Determined guy, the doorman, shot thru the arm and still fights the guy down until it seems the whole street jumped in to help.

Wonder if he disabled the gun, or if not kept from getting shot again in the struggle?

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I guess the guy that was shot didn't know that the awesome power on the 9mm should have sheared his arm off, oh wait thats the 45 that does that.........

Awesome job, the only real question I have is what was that cop gonna do with his shotgun?
    Yeah, a shotgun sticking out in the middle of that melee could ask for an accident or the BG to grab it under the right circumstance. I noticed the other LEO did not have his gun drawn, likely to avoid it pointing at a mass of people. He ran in and took a real fast and close look before acting with his weapon in any way, and saw the need was not there. Safer way to approach that situation.

But the call was in for a store robbery, auto-call alarm, maybe when they jumped out of the car they - and the LEO with the shotgun - were prepared for that, and then they see group on the sidewalk.

A 45 won't shear arms off, if it hits flesh it'll cause a flesh wound. Bigger hole though.

Anyway, that doorman and all of them were gutsy people taking down a BG who already had shot multiple times and wounded someone in the group.

Hats Off!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links