WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

This is a discussion on WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lots of talk of question on intervening to stop a crime when the stakes are potentially lethal to others: this is likely the best bet: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

WATCH: Citizens Take Down Armed Thief - Good Lesson Here

Lots of talk of question on intervening to stop a crime when the stakes are potentially lethal to others: this is likely the best bet: do it
    En Masse: overwhelming force and initial working together on instinct as a group to disarm: not foolproof but probably the best chance.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

2. Remove Ads

Nice job.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice

Hell yah. I would have liked to see it earlier on in the process but it's still nice to see citizens stepping up without any negative repercussions. I don't think I have enough faith in my fellow man to lead the charge but who knows until you're confronted with the situation.
    RC12 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

It looks to me one of the defenders was injured.
    "When seconds are needed the police are only minutes away"
    Bad Bob and BenGoodLuck like this.

Anyone notice the jammed up glock on the ground? Wonder what went down before the take down.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Anyone notice the jammed up glock on the ground? Wonder what went down before the take down.
    Has to be a prop, we all know Glock's are infallible!

Would be nice to have seen what transpired. Showing 3-4 people holding the man down, with no background on it really doesn't tell us much.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Those are some brave folks. Not sure what transpired early on but it looks like they confronted the armed criminal....hope none of the defenders were injured. I didn't see any blood on the guy holding his arm.

GH
    Good job citizens!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member
    Ha ha ha ha, thats great! I love it. I like that four guys just sit on him.

But wait, didn't they know you just have to call 911 and the police do it all?

Yep, soon as I saw the glock I noticed it was jammed.

And I liked that when the "security" looking guy walks up he has to brandish the fact that he has a gun, then break out his handcuffs, what was that about ???
    Then the cop walks up and puts the shotgun on the perp who is being sat on by four men.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Yep, first thing I noticed was the Glock was out of battery and not capable of firing. Kind of a rare thing to see on a Glock.
    ZX9RCAM likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That video made my day... fellow citizens from different backgrounds working together and doing the right thing.
    It's a beautiful thing.
    The out-of-battery Glock... suggests that it was fired, but its reloading cycle interfered with... correct?
    Bad Bob and detective like this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Needed more info so i went looking:
    Hotel doorman shot after robbery; witnesses tackle gunman | Local News | The Seattle Times

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I liked that when the "security" looking guy walks up he has to brandish the fact that he has a gun, then break out his handcuffs, what was that about ???
    Then the cop walks up and puts the shotgun on the perp who is being sat on by four men.
    I think to call it brandishing is a bit extreme, in my opinion he was reaching for handcuffs kept in a small of the back holster and happened to reveal his gun. He probably just couldnt get them out of the case which is why his coat was pushed aside for so long.
    Mdnightdrums likes this.
    Molon Labe

Kudos to the citizens taking action as they did.

Since this video is on CNN I have a jaded perspective on its publication. If the BG had been taken down by an armed citizen would we be seeing this published on CNN? I'm sure the anti-gun crowd will hold this up and say that we can stop the BGs without guns. And in this instance they did, keeping in mind of course that the BGs gun jammed.

My hat goes off to these citizens. But if I find myself in this situation the BG is going to have a really bad day.
    mano3 likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    That video made my day... fellow citizens from different backgrounds working together and doing the right thing.
    It's a beautiful thing.
    The out-of-battery Glock... suggests that it was fired, but its reloading cycle interfered with... correct?
    I bet the guy bleeding was shot while he was wrestling for the gun and had a hold of the silde causing it not to load the next round and giving the other people a chance to jump in. That's what I call a citizens arrest! We need more of them.
    Spirit51 and gottabkiddin like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links