Victims of crimes deserve no sympathy because they should have been armed - Page 2

Victims of crimes deserve no sympathy because they should have been armed

This is a discussion on Victims of crimes deserve no sympathy because they should have been armed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its a statement based in ignorance....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Victims of crimes deserve no sympathy because they should have been armed

Its a statement based in ignorance.
    mlr1m and limatunes like this.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    That is a completely stupid statement! There are some people that will never carry and honestly they shouldn't. Some people are just not a "gun carrying" person.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    What are your thoughts on that statement?
    Not everyone has the ability or desire to be armed.
    mprp likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I have little compassion for folks who won't shoulder any responsibility for their own defense while simultaneously demanding that others risk their lives in defense of them.

But that's a long way from holding no sympathy for a person's plight simply for happening to not be armed during a crime.
    mprp, JD and limatunes like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Wow... that was my initial thought. Sounds like a twisted attempt to divert blame and responsibility from the offender.
    limatunes likes this.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Being armed is a right, not a requirement.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Victims of crimes deserve no sympathy because they should have been armed.
    Is this a serious question? Are you just trolling here, or what? What kind of responses were you expecting/hoping to get?

Just because we are a forum devoted to the legal carry of firearms does not mean we believe that anyone who does not carry a firearm deserves to be the victim of a crime.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Maybe to stir up an argument!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Arm victims who are in a situation where it would be better to not draw then to draw should have sympathy. unfortunitly not everwhere allows you to carry such as D.C I believe!? the sympathy for a victim is gray to me. Such as we all know there are places you should not go with or without a gun at specific times. If you choose to do that then you had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Arm victims who are in a situation where it would be better to not draw then to draw should have sympathy. unfortunitly not everwhere allows you to carry such as D.C I believe!? the sympathy for a victim is gray to me. Such as we all know there are places you should not go with or without a gun at specific times. If you choose to do that then you had it coming.
    So if I were attacked in a place that I have a legal right to be I somehow deserved what a criminal does to me?

Michael

There is a hideous story from the north central part of the states that just happened. A father killed his 15 week old daughter in a rather evil way. She didn't have any firearms training yet!

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    So if I were attacked in a place that I have a legal right to be I somehow deserved what a criminal does to me?

Michael
    It isn't about rights. I hope you don't go walking around looking for trouble. I don't no what you area is like but I can tell you this. Having spent time in Newark, NJ, Camden, NJ, Oakland, CA and various other places that are in the same ball park I can tell you that you just don't walk down the road that has 20-30 Crip members hanging out on it. right or not it is a bad idea and you will have something happen to you. laws are man made, criminality is nature. does the lone zebra walk through the lions den? No the zebra does not.

Mindless, arrogant, false, lacks empathy and a boo-boo.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I have little compassion for folks who won't shoulder any responsibility for their own defense while simultaneously demanding that others risk their lives in defense of them.

But that's a long way from holding no sympathy for a person's plight simply for happening to not be armed during a crime.
    ^^This right here^^ says it well.

I feel sympathy for ANY victim of senseless crime but I personally chose not to be a victim if I can help it and feel bad when I see that arming themselves may have helped. Yeah, I may say that "they should have been armed" but that's why I go armed. The example of those people to me, are more like a, "See? That's why I am armed so I don't have to, (hopefully) go through what they just did." Unfortunate things happen to great people and violent crime is one of those things.

To pose that question is almost to put it as they deserve it just because they weren't armed. But that's almost like saying, "Do you think that people who aren't Olympic swimmers deserve sympathy when they drown?" or "I don't feel sorry for those people broke down on the side of the road. They're not mechanics." But you didn't mean it like that, right?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Nobody "has it coming" to them.
    marcclarke likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links