Defensive Carry banner

My wife dropped her gun on purpose.

5K views 42 replies 36 participants last post by  ColoradoLady 
#1 ·
A strange turn of events left us with a few hours without the kids so my wife and I decided to have dinner and a movie together. She was dressed up in a good skirt and shirt and the skirt, like many women's clothes, isn't made with concealed carry in mind. Instead of her usual Fist holster IWB on a good belt, she put her Glock 26 in a cheap nylon clip holster IWB. As we were standing up from the table at dinner she got a concerned look on her face and I heard a "clunk". A combination of cheap holster, butt-heavy gun, and lack of a secure belt let it drop to the floor. She quietly brushed it over to the table and I bent down and picked it up as casually as possible. I moved it to my front pants pocket, nothing else in that pocket to interfere with it, and we went on with dinner. She was a bit stressed but the first thing she said was "safer to let it drop, right?". A lesson well remembered from a class we took a long time ago. Safer to let it fall than to fumble while trying to catch it and grab at a trigger by mistake. Luckily for us we were at a table near the back, and most of the tables around us had customers either facing away or up at the salad bar at the time.

And this is why I married her.....
When she realized she wouldn't be able to safely carry the Glock in her waistband, she opened her purse and took out the Ka Bar TDI knife she recently bought and clipped that to her skirt. She wasn't about to go completely unarmed for the rest of the evening. Since she didn't want to purse carry her BUG (a Seecamp .25) she had put the knife in there instead. I sure do love her....

Anyway, we were lucky and managed to learn a lesson from the whole thing. I think next we will try to find a better holster for situations like that (not that we get to dress up much with two 5 year old twins), and we have tossed the old holster. Maybe a belly band/thunderwear kind if thing is next? Maybe a dedicated holster purse? Maybe another option. I know she is looking for an excuse to buy another gun.

As always, your comments are welcome (and yes, she has a sister. Single, but a granola eating tree hugger flake from Oregon)

See less See more
#43 ·
Your wife rocks! Have her go to The Well Armed Woman and check out their holster videos. They have several options for women, designed for women to comfortably carry, and have everything from ankle to bra carry. Really nice folks, too. I got my ear protection there and my lovely "I shoot like a girl" baseball cap (with a nice grouping in a bullseye for a graphic.) Site is completely dedicated to shooting gear and info for women. Love it. NFI, etc.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.