My wife dropped her gun on purpose. - Page 2

My wife dropped her gun on purpose.

This is a discussion on My wife dropped her gun on purpose. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always let the gun fall. Virtually all firearms have some type of firing pin block that keeps them from going off when dropped. That story ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My wife dropped her gun on purpose.

Always let the gun fall. Virtually all firearms have some type of firing pin block that keeps them from going off when dropped.

That story reminds me of a friend of mine who bobbled his Ruger single action during a speed draw during a cowboy shoot several years ago. I wasn't there during the shoot. He caught it, alright but unfortunately the gun was cocked and a finger landed on the trigger, sending one of his cast semi wadcutter right into his abdomen. He bled out in a matter of seconds. He shoulda let it land on the ground. It might have gone off but the chances of him dying would have been greatly decreased.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Your wife is way cooool at the point of "letting it drop" and discretely sliding it over, but then moving the TDI from purse to skirt - freakin' awesome. Check out faliaphotography on youtube for holster options.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! The faliaphotography video on holster options is the best I've seen. My wife, daughter, sister, and niece all learned a lot from it.

faliaphotography video - Bing Videos

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I have both a belly holster and a couple ccw purses. Depending on how one dresses there are many ways to carry.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post

As always, your comments are welcome (and yes, she has a sister. Single, but a granola eating tree hugger flake from Oregon)
    Yeah but does she like guns?
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Mexican is an even cheaper alternative to cheap nylon clip holster iwb, and achieves the same effect.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! The faliaphotography video on holster options is the best I've seen. My wife, daughter, sister, and niece all learned a lot from it.

faliaphotography video - Bing Videos

Fitch
    Fitch beat me to it. Falia has an extensive collection of youtube reviews in women's CCW methods and products. And, well, she's real pleasant to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by od* View Post
    sounds like you have a keeper there.
    + 110 % not many goods left

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Yeah but does she like guns?
    Not really, she owns an XD. ;)

Thank you for all the comments. My wife is also an NRA instructor, but a few months ago she broke her elbow and her shooting has suffered a bit because of it. Shes only been able to carry the Glock again for a month maybe, before that she was using a Tomcat with CT grips while she healed. I posted about that deal here somewhere. The Ka Bar was just bought because she could fight pretty hard with it even if her elbow was giving her problems. I was going to post a review on that when I get time, but the short version is that it is great for use with reduced hand/arm strength and dexterity.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    She ever think of a flashbang? My wife uses one of those...
    I have heard very good things about Flashbang holsters. Definitely worth checking into.
    Last edited by SmokinFool; September 27th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Is your wife related to Lima? Sounds like she really gets it.
    If she were related to me she would have thrown her Glock across the restaurant.

Just Kidding. I have never thrown my Glock across a restaurant... just across a firing range.. at a target. In my defense, it was empty so it wasn't doing me any good anymore.

Moving on.

Anyway, yes, much better to let it drop than try to catch it. Just remind her to move her feet out of the way, too. A falling Glock on bare feet is a BAD combination.

And I like her choice of knives.

(and yes, she has a sister. Single, but a granola eating tree hugger flake from Oregon)
    What part of Oregon?

There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I have hard very good things about Flashbang holsters. Definitely worth checking into.
    Seems like it might depend on the build, buddy of mine wife has one that concels wonderful, bought one for my favorite and the same gun LCP w/ CT kept flipping up and showing very awkward. Try but get it from a source you can return it to.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Depending upon what she was wearing , but a lot of women also like the conceal carry shirts...... that can be worn underneath.

I've known 2 people who tried to "catch" a falling gun that both ended up dead. I hate the comment "they accidentally went off" , as in their cases....... in trying to grab it as it fell ..... they also unintentionally hit the trigger and ended up dead. I have dropped a gun, and the inclination is to "grab it" , and I resisted that urge..... and let it hit the ground. Funny thing, they don't shoot when they are dropped as long as you don't try to grab them and hit the trigger.

Sounds like your wife did the right thing and good job of it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    If she were related to me she would have thrown her Glock across the restaurant.

Just Kidding. I have never thrown my Glock across a restaurant... just across a firing range.. at a target. In my defense, it was empty so it wasn't doing me any good anymore.

Moving on.

Anyway, yes, much better to let it drop than try to catch it. Just remind her to move her feet out of the way, too. A falling Glock on bare feet is a BAD combination.

And I like her choice of knives.
    I don't know if this counts or not, one time we were shooting bowling pins and she kept missing the last one (to this day she says I loaded her gun with Stealth Bullets). When The slide locked back there was one pin standing. She dropped the empty mag, closed the slide, and reholstered. Then she walked up to the pin, opened her Cold Steel and stabbed it. She closed the knife and walked back to the car to reload her magazines.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I don't know if this counts or not, one time we were shooting bowling pins and she kept missing the last one (to this day she says I loaded her gun with Stealth Bullets). When The slide locked back there was one pin standing. She dropped the empty mag, closed the slide, and reholstered. Then she walked up to the pin, opened her Cold Steel and stabbed it. She closed the knife and walked back to the car to reload her magazines.
    You treat this woman good right? Really good?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links