My wife dropped her gun on purpose. - Page 3

My wife dropped her gun on purpose.

This is a discussion on My wife dropped her gun on purpose. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 I don't know if this counts or not, one time we were shooting bowling pins and she kept missing the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My wife dropped her gun on purpose.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I don't know if this counts or not, one time we were shooting bowling pins and she kept missing the last one (to this day she says I loaded her gun with Stealth Bullets). When The slide locked back there was one pin standing. She dropped the empty mag, closed the slide, and reholstered. Then she walked up to the pin, opened her Cold Steel and stabbed it. She closed the knife and walked back to the car to reload her magazines.
    That counts.. It definitely counts!

I like her.

Great job on resisting the urge to catch the gun. I think that initial reaction is a reflex in all of us.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    Seems like it might depend on the build, buddy of mine wife has one that concels wonderful, bought one for my favorite and the same gun LCP w/ CT kept flipping up and showing very awkward. Try but get it from a source you can return it to.
    I don't know if she tried it this way, but when I first was trying the flashbang in was having the flipping up problem. I flipped the strap around so instead of the snap at the bottom, it was at the top - completely fixed the flip up problem and allowed it to work perfectly. It's kind of hard to explain but this link shows it. The top picture is the regular way to have the strap, the 2nd picture with the polka dotted bra has the strap flipped around theother way. http://www.pagunblog.com/2011/05/23/...olster-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! The faliaphotography video on holster options is the best I've seen. My wife, daughter, sister, and niece all learned a lot from it.

faliaphotography video - Bing Videos

Fitch
    I agree this video has a lot of good information on different carry methods for ladies. Sounds like your wife is a keeper.

VIP Member
    I think you are on the right track with the smaller pistol.

G26 is , IMHO too heavy for that type of unsupported carry in a holster.
    Maybe a .380 Kel Tec or Ruger.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I don't know if she tried it this way, but when I first was trying the flashbang in was having the flipping up problem. I flipped the strap around so instead of the snap at the bottom, it was at the top - completely fixed the flip up problem and allowed it to work perfectly. It's kind of hard to explain but this link shows it. The top picture is the regular way to have the strap, the 2nd picture with the polka dotted bra has the strap flipped around theother way. http://www.pagunblog.com/2011/05/23/...olster-review/
    That's pretty cool and I imagine it would work for the super "fluffy" guys! Anyone remember the "bro" from Seinfeld?
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Glad to hear you ditched the POS nylon holster. It amazes me how many people will trust a cheap, one-size-fits-none, piece of crap clip holster to secure their $500 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I have heard very good things about Flashbang holsters. Definitely worth checking into.
    Thats funny, because I haven't heard much good about flashbangs at all. Their videos on youtube make them look like they are amateurs when it comes to gun handling and even knowing the proper terminology in regard to firearms, and the comments that people have written on their videos are mostly negative. I would have to agree that it looks like a very unsafe product in general.

I wonder if you might be able to find a garter style holster. Do you watch 'Sons of Guns'? The girl on that show was trying to produce and market just such a holster. I bet you could find one somewhere on the magic internet. If not, get creative with a holster you like, some webbing, velcro, snaps, whatever, and heavy duty needle and thread. make your own that rides at the top of the inside thigh. Secure it with some sort of lady-wear under belt thingy...
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Fitting something to the thigh to hold a gun would probably require more than just a band around the thigh. It would need a garter type of support. The cone shaped thigh and constant thigh muscle contractions will eventually work an unsupported small firearm down the extremity. I just could not even begin to imagine that would hold something over about 18 or 20 ounces anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    When I wear a skirt or dress I wear shorts under it with my IWB and belt attached to it. It makes me feel about 5 years old with the shorts under and isn't sexy at all but it totally works - with some practice it's not bad to draw. One of the days I plan to pick up a pair of compression shorts so it doesn't feel as bulky UnderTech UnderCover Woman's Compression Shorts - Master Of Concealment.com
    Sure isn't sexy but it does work and that's what really matters.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
    Fitting something to the thigh to hold a gun would probably require more than just a band around the thigh. It would need a garter type of support. The cone shaped thigh and constant thigh muscle contractions will eventually work an unsupported small firearm down the extremity. I just could not even begin to imagine that would hold something over about 18 or 20 ounces anyway.
    Duct tape? Though it would hinder draw time.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Your wife rocks! Have her go to The Well Armed Woman and check out their holster videos. They have several options for women, designed for women to comfortably carry, and have everything from ankle to bra carry. Really nice folks, too. I got my ear protection there and my lovely "I shoot like a girl" baseball cap (with a nice grouping in a bullseye for a graphic.) Site is completely dedicated to shooting gear and info for women. Love it. NFI, etc.

Hope this helps!
    Common sense is NOT common. There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links