Peaceable Journey Law

Peaceable Journey Law

This is a discussion on Peaceable Journey Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where can I find it in print?? I have googled it, used theNRA site, handgunlaws.us, most forums....... Packing.org is down I am going to Columbus, ...

Thread: Peaceable Journey Law

Peaceable Journey Law

Where can I find it in print??

I have googled it, used theNRA site, handgunlaws.us, most forums.......
    Packing.org is down

I am going to Columbus, GA tonight.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Hope this helps!

If you're looking for GA state code, try this link:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/GaCode...11&section=126

Particulary this section:

(c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person´s clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section.

(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle; provided, however, that any person in possession of a valid permit issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 may carry a handgun in any location in a motor vehicle.

You can judge for yourself, but that seems to me to indicate that you are only in violation of carrying concealed without a permit when you are outside of your home, motor vehicle, or place of business, so long as the firearm is either openly exposed or in the glove compartment, console, etc. Someone please jump in if I'm misreading, but wouldn't that indicate that concealed carry in your vehicle is no problem?

Travel safe,

ccWV
    Last edited by ccWV; September 30th, 2006 at 09:16 AM.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Good resource. I just bookmarked that! Thanks.

I believe the findlaw link to be as accurate as any free service that I know of, in fact the attorneys at our office and myself use it often, becuase Lexis charges by the amount of time. So if we can find it on there we use them and then back it up with other official resources.

Also, the passage linked is very similar to some state laws which I think are written to mirror it. In the case of Illinois, when I go to visit the wife's family, the method of transportation described therein is almost identical to IL law, last time I checked.

ie. my right to defend my family ends at the Illinois border and I have to stop the car, unload the gun and pack everything in separate containers in the trunk, even though I just legally carried concealed from FL, through GA, TN, and KY. It's ridiculous. In my opinion Congress should enact Federal reciprocity laws.

I am not an attorney and any of the above information should not be construed as legal advice.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Sponsored Links