Denver CCW Process

This is a discussion on Denver CCW Process within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I finally got in to fill out my permit application after a mere 6 week wait for my "appointment". Now only 60-90 more days ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By .45acpguy
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaDawg
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By F350

Thread: Denver CCW Process

Denver CCW Process

Well I finally got in to fill out my permit application after a mere 6 week wait for my "appointment". Now only 60-90 more days for it to be processed...I'm guessing it'll be more like 89-90 days!

2. Remove Ads

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Well I finally got in to fill out my permit application after a mere 6 week wait for my "appointment". Now only 60-90 more days for it to be processed...I'm guessing it'll be more like 89-90 days!
    And probably not including weekends & holidays, lol.

Welcome from Wisconsin!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

When the "powers that be" really do not want to make it easy to get your permit, they create barriers like you are currently experiencing. I live in Jefferson County, just to the West of Denver County. Jeffco has 3-4 days per week with at least 6 hours each of those days that you go in to pick up your application for a Concealed Handgun Permit. They also have similar arrangements for dropping off your completed application.

Jeffco has a smooth and reasonable process. Unfortunately, you live in Denver County, which is less friendly to the same concerns.

I'm sorry you had to go through the little stalling "dance" that Denver County is requiring you to go though. Please know that in surrounding counties, that does not go on.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Well I finally got in to fill out my permit application after a mere 6 week wait for my "appointment".
    Appointment???

I'll add that one to the other reasons I prefer the western slope of the Rockies.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm in Adams county and didn't need an appointment to submit my application earlier this year. I think DenCo is just exercising its gun-unfriendly reputation.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I'm sorry you had to go through the little stalling "dance" that Denver County is requiring you to go though. Please know that in surrounding counties, that does not go on.
    I had to renew mine this past April. I downloaded the required forms from the internet, printed them and filled them out at home. At the Mesa County Sheriff's Dept I took a number and waited approximately 30 minutes until called. I then presented my completed forms, paid my fees, posed for a new photo and was out of there in less than an hour.

Yeah...Denver really doesn't want to give the out, hence the ridiculous appointment process. When the called me ack to schedule the appointment (I had to call into a number and leave a message...add 3 days to the 6 week wait) I asked about getting my wife in to apply as well on the same day. No dice. She has her appointment on October 8. Funny...there wasn't a huge line of people applying last Thursday morning, just one other guy. I guess that was way too many to squeeze my wife in!

Oh well! I guess that's what I get for buying a house in Denver. Can't wait to get this thing sold and move down to Florida. I will miss the mountains though.

I just setup my appointment with Denver. It's not for 12 weeks. This seems a little crazy to me. I'm surprised that they can get away with making you wait that long.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markosj View Post
    I just setup my appointment with Denver. It's not for 12 weeks. This seems a little crazy to me. I'm surprised that they can get away with making you wait that long.
    I'm really sorry to hear that; that's Denver for you, though. It took me 12 weeks to get my permit after I went in the the SO and turned in my application and my fingerprints and got my mugshot.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Appointment???

I'll add that one to the other reasons I prefer the western slope of the Rockies.
    +1,000

Moved to "The Grand Valley" last year; walked into the sheriffs dept without an appointment, turned in paperwork (application filled in and printed on line and proof of training and residency) got digital finger prints and photo taken. 10 days later I got a phone call saying my permit was ready to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by markosj View Post
    12 weeks?! And I was bitching about having to wait 6 weeks! That really sucks!

I am happy I moved to Idaho had a friend who applied and was waiting for his license down in Colorado Springs. I had mine completed and was carrying within a month.

Good luck and hopefully it don't take long.

El Paso County and Douglas County are in a competion to see who can issue the fastest. In Douglas I got mine in 3 weeks.

Links