Revolver in the rain - Page 2

Revolver in the rain

This is a discussion on Revolver in the rain within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 40Bob Just make sure your ammo is sealed. Military ammo is sealed, commercial maybe, maybe not. Yep, some clear nail polish around ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Revolver in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Just make sure your ammo is sealed. Military ammo is sealed, commercial maybe, maybe not.
    Yep, some clear nail polish around the seat of the bullet and the primers should do the trick....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Factory ammo is waterproof. I have washed, dried, then shot plenty. I wouldn't worry about the ammo other than just out of precaution changing it after it got absolutely soaked. For casual dampness or rain I wouldn't worry about it. For the gun, whatever I had or felt comfortable carrying, I would send it to Birdsong and have him teflon coat it. They completely disassemble a firearm and coat every piece of it. That will take care of any concerns over internal rust.

You said ''often submerged''. I would carry my Gun of any kind in a Zip-Lock bag in my pocket. It defiantly may be slow but, it won't be full of mud if you need it. If it is only water then sealed ammo and carry a can of Ballistol.

I would remove the side plate and spray with WD40 to displace any water then wipe dry and replace the side plate,I would also remove the crane and cylinder and dismantle then spray out everything with WD40 wipe dry light lube and reassemble,if moisture sits inside those areas it can turn to rust in a short amount of time,I had a friend brought me an older Colt Agent that had the cylinder release rusted tight,I got it loose and ended up stripping and refinishing the gun and all internal parts that were rusting.some parts for that gun are hard to come by
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

@Once-just about every day, I am more often rained on and sweaty than submerged but soaked to the core a lot. Should have cleared that in beginning, have been submerged though. I'm gonna work on carry method then try it out. Winter its coming so I will have multi layers on to help hide it.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

The reason I chose the LCR over the S&W was the finish. It passes the 1000 hour salt spray tests. Sweat it up bro. I carried mine during jogs and had no rust. Just keep a thin coat of oil on it as usual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links