No-Gun signs in GA - Page 12

No-Gun signs in GA

This is a discussion on No-Gun signs in GA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by suntzu ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Armyman--can you just do a sticky for that post (the examples)of yours...we have seen it a hundred times BTW: Notice ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 166 to 172 of 172
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: No-Gun signs in GA

  1. #166
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Armyman--can you just do a sticky for that post (the examples)of yours...we have seen it a hundred times
    BTW: Notice the use of the emoticon...it was meant to be in good fun
    If he has a ND because of your flippant, cavalier attitude, it's gonna be on your head, mister.
    suntzu likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

    I love Tiberius/Maggie.


  2. #167
    Ex Member Array ArmyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    You again quoted PART of the Heller case, the part that fits with your view point, yes Heller said that "the Second Amendment protects and individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Alas you forget to notice that Heller was a case with a MUNICIPALITY, District of Columbia, NOT an individual, and not a private organization. Heller states that a CITY cannot impose laws on gun ownership which make such ownership moot, useless or impractical. Heller was because DC required that gun owners keep they firearms not just unloaded, but disassembled, effectively making them useless. Heller said that the CITY could not impose such LAWS on its residents; however they NEVER said that a private institution could not make RULES against gun ownership, so yes, a landlord can evict you if you have a weapon on their property when the lease prohibits it. The BoR does NOT limit the people, it limits the government, the SCoUS has stated that several times.
    A city/state ordinance giving no-gun signs force of law is a violation of Heller.

    A city/state ordinance allowing business owners to eject a customer or employee for lawful carry is a violation of Heller.

    I wasn't aware you needed it pointed out, that of course the state is a middle-man between SCOTUS and the private owner. I thought everyone already knew that, but at least you know now. SCOTUS directs the state, and the state directs local commerce. I hope this finally catches you up.

  3. #168
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    If he has a ND because of your flippant, cavalier attitude, it's gonna be on your head, mister.
    I am seriously just trying to ligthen the thread up. I truly mean no offense to anyone
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  4. #169
    Ex Member Array ArmyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Armyman--can you just do a sticky for that post (the examples)of yours...we have seen it a hundred times.
    I have no idea how to do that, but unless certain people change their views to account for new information, you're going to see it a hundred times more.

  5. #170
    Member Array Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    No right is unlimited, so here it is again:

    If you fire an employee just because they have brown eyes, is a woman, or is a Muslim, they are going to win a wrongful-termination claim against you and draw unemployment off of you:
    Correct, these are protected classes


    I argue that 'lawful possession of a firearm' be added to the list because laws supporting preferences of private business owners to arbitrarily ban a right do not meet SCOTUS "Strict Scrutiny" standards. The typical employee has a need to carry, whereas the typical employer does not have a need to ban.
    LOL...YOU argue that lawful possession of a firearm should be on the protected classes list. How can you say that an employer has no need to ban? It is HIS property, he does NOT have to hire anyone. Just as the employees are not FORCED to work there, they can find employement with someone who closer follows their beliefs. People are not FORCED to shop at "no guns" stores, they can shop elswhere that agrees with thier beliefs.


    ******
    If you remove a customer just because they have brown eyes, is a woman, or is a Muslim, you will be cited by the State for braking Public Accommodation codes.

    For example:


    When you open your business to the public, you have to conduct 'fair and equal treatment' to each person who voluntarily walks through your door. You cannot deny access to your business just because a customer is one of these protected classes. You cannot refuse to sell to a customer just because the customer belongs to one of these classes. You can't do that now, you wouldn't be able to do that if 'lawfully carrying a firearm' were added to the list.
    but firearms ownership is not (and I pray never will be) a protected class. I do not want to be denied my right to tell idiots who should not own a gun that they cannot come on my property armed.

    I want to add 'lawfully carrying a firearm' as a protected class because I have a need to carry whereas the business does not have a need to deny.
    AGAIN, YOU want, and again, how do you know that a business has no need to deny? Don't know bout you, but I know people who should not be carrying a weapon, but they are able to legally, I personally want to be able to tell them that they cannot around me at my home. I also bet some business owners who don't know if you are one of those would like to do their best to assure that they can do the same on their property.
    *****
    The way you win this argument is to demonstrate a 'need' to keep firearms off your property. 'My property, my rules' fails the SCOTUS "Strict Scrutiny" standard because a right always supersedes preference.
    Again, MY RIGHT to be SAFE in my home IS a right, and I have the RIGHT to insure that I am safe by denying those whose proficiency and/or qualifications for weapons carry I do not know the ability to carry on MY property. I do not know if you are up to MY standards of weapon carry therefore until you prove that you are, you cannot carry on MY property. Trust me, you have already FAILED to meet my requirements.
    suntzu likes this.

  6. #171
    Ex Member Array ArmyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    How can you say that an employer has no need to ban?
    I've always said that if the employer has a need to ban, such as above-ground fuel tanks, then he should be able to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    but firearms ownership is not (and I pray never will be) a protected class.
    I know. I said that. I said that before you did. It's not a protected class, which is why I want to make it a protected class. If it were already a protected class, then there would be no need to make it a protected class, it would already be a protected class.

    Logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    I do not want to be denied my right to tell idiots who should not own a gun that they cannot come on my property armed.
    Armed or not, if someone's acting like an idiot then please by all means kick them off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    AGAIN, YOU want, and again, how do you know that a business has no need to deny? Don't know bout you, but I know people who should not be carrying a weapon, but they are able to legally, I personally want to be able to tell them that they cannot around me at my home. I also bet some business owners who don't know if you are one of those would like to do their best to assure that they can do the same on their property.
    And again, no one's talking about residences. At your home, do you want, it's all good. Key phrase: "Open to the public".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Again, MY RIGHT to be SAFE in my home IS a right, and I have the RIGHT to insure that I am safe by denying those whose proficiency and/or qualifications for weapons carry I do not know the ability to carry on MY property. I do not know if you are up to MY standards of weapon carry therefore until you prove that you are, you cannot carry on MY property. Trust me, you have already FAILED to meet my requirements.
    I have no objection to you banning guns from your home. No objection at all. Ban away, you have my full support.

  7. #172
    Member Array Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post

    I have no objection to you banning guns from your home. No objection at all. Ban away, you have my full support.
    What is the difference between my home, and my shop? I pay the taxes on both locations, I make the mortgage payments, I don't want to risk having me or mine shot by an idiot who doesn't need to own a firearm. I don't know you, I don't know what your skill set/level is, nor your competency-I frankly do not trust anyone I have not personally vetted to carry a weapon in my presence or around my family. If at all possible I will prevent such, via "No guns" policy in my home and in my business. My boss is the same way, unless he personally has vetted you, you will not carry in his business...only he and I are allowed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

conceal carry ga posted no guns

,
ga no guns
,
georgia concealed carry laws a sign on the door
,

georgia no gun signs

,
is it legal to carry in a restaurant in georgia
,

is it legal to post signs in ga as

,
no guns allowed signs in georgia can i carry there
,

official no gun sign for ga

,

powered by mybb alcoholism signs of

,
powered by mybb early signs of alcoholism
,

signage for no guns in church in ga

,
whats does no gun sign mean
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors