No-Gun signs in GA

This is a discussion on No-Gun signs in GA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pittypat21 That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm not seeing a law like that in GA so far, but I'm looking. ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: No-Gun signs in GA

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    That's what I'm trying to find out. I'm not seeing a law like that in GA so far, but I'm looking. I've actually been distracted since last time I said I was looking, so technically I haven't been looking haha.
    I had a quick look but didn't find anything. Good hunting

2. Remove Ads

ArmyMan, 2700, I'd really hate to start reporting posts. Whatever the beef is, throw it out, and let's get back to polite, gentlemanly conversation.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

ArmyMan, 2700, I'd really hate to start reporting posts. Whatever the beef is, throw it out, and let's get back to polite, gentlemanly conversation.
    Sorry. I've got an obsessive fan here . So, I'll bow out of the thread. Best wishes to all.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Looking back through my posts, that's all I've don all along.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    They have to be asked and then refuse to leave for trespassing to occur in the first place, in GA.
    yes, I agree. Only after you are asked to leave and refuse, are you committing the crime of trespassing.

VIP Member
    Who are you quoting?
    In regards to the definition of an invitee, The law of torts under which civil claims would be handled.

In regards to powers given to the state and the people the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.

Both of which would cover all the states in regards to their rulings including Georgia.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 2700 View Post
    Your post has almost nothing to do with the subject Meth in pockets? Number of abortions? This is nothing more than obfuscating diatribe. Let's get back on track with your statement below that is relevant.
    Really? Well then please name just one of those, "plenty of laws" that states you have a "right" to carry on someone's private property.
    Are you being intentionally obtuse?

First, those things DO have plenty to do with this topic. Why is anything else on your person not singled out but only guns? Shirts/shoes rules actually have health reasons behind them. But they dont have rules for other things they dont 'like,' such as political views, knives, cell phones, condoms, crosses, etc etc etc. (or if so, they are rare). And we carry them around and they arent offended because they have no idea if they are there or not. THey do no harm and we all also have a reasonable right to privacy.

And 'plenty of laws' had to do with your statement that business owners could do anything they wanted re: who they serve. I said that they dont...there are plenty of regulations and laws. How about discrimination laws in general?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    9MMare. Except business that are of a public utility in nature they are in fact privately owned. They may have a Board of Directors or single entity than controls them but they are still private property therefore you are expected to abide by the rules while on their premises.

Law enforcement even has limited authority on private property. You can get in much more of a public venue as a Wal Mart parking lot but if you ever get into an accident on that parking lot the most you may get it a simple one page "Exchange of Information" type report, no ticket issued, no fault determined simply because they can't. Dependent on state laws of course.

Yes you indeed have a right to privacy that is why you are not searched at the door but you are expected to adhere to whatever rules are posted in accordance with the owners wishes however as an example many stores, businesses and corporations in certain parts of the country restrict access and you have to pass through security measures in order to enter. Could an everyday store or business have you go through a metal detector, stop you at the door and ask you the purpose of your visit? You bet it is their premises and you are invited in as long as you follow there rules.

As stated before they are not keeping the individual out it is the gun itself. They don't want them there for whatever reason it is up to them.
    If they are really worried about guns, let them put up metal detectors.

I am expected to obey laws. When it comes to 'rules' I will decide which to follow. Again, it's a 2 way street....if I am disrespecting a property owner by carrying my gun, they are disrespecting me by telling me what I may or may not carry on my person into their business. I may decide not to patronize them. But if I do they probably BENEFIT from it and also never know. They cant tell me what opinions to hold or what contraceptives I can carry in my purse. (Well they could but I'd ignore that too or if they were too extreme, I'd boycott them).

I understand your point of view. I have carefully considered it. I think it's fine. I also carefully considered the position I finally chose on this issue.

Again....I'm sure business owners disagree with many "personal" things regarding their patrons. But they dont know about them....like religious views, political views, views on gay marriage, etc etc etc. If those things are expressed in their business, they are welcome to ask me to leave. Just like if they see my gun. Otherwise, it is my private business what is in my mind and in my purse.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Are you being intentionally obtuse?

First, those things DO have plenty to do with this topic. Why is anything else on your person not singled out but only guns? Shirts/shoes rules actually have health reasons behind them. But they dont have rules for other things they dont 'like,' such as political views, knives, cell phones, condoms, crosses, etc etc etc. (or if so, they are rare). And we carry them around and they arent offended because they have no idea if they are there or not. THey do no harm and we all also have a reasonable right to privacy.

And 'plenty of laws' had to do with your statement that business owners could do anything they wanted re: who they serve. I said that they dont...there are plenty of regulations and laws. How about discrimination laws in general?
    Well I got a rude private message from 2700 who apparently assumed I read another 3 pages where he addressed other people before responding to his post to me.

He says he wont be back here? Ok. But that doesnt change my response.
    Fortune favors the bold.

VIP Member
    9MMare.

I also understand your point of view and respect your opinion.

On a daily basis business owners allow people into their stores that they would not allow into their homes and be polite to them all for the sake of making money. Everyone has something, someone they do not hold a liking to but laws governing protected classes prevent them from expressing those likes or dislikes.

Good or bad folks who carry firearms do not fall into any of those protected classes and probably never will no matter how much as we would like them to. The end result is that we all have to make the personal decision as what to do in regards to the signs and about the right of a property owner to post them.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

9MMare.

I also understand your point of view and respect your opinion.

On a daily basis business owners allow people into their stores that they would not allow into their homes and be polite to them all for the sake of making money. Everyone has something, someone they do not hold a liking to but laws governing protected classes prevent them from expressing those likes or dislikes.

Good or bad folks who carry firearms do not fall into any of those protected classes and probably never will no matter how much as we would like them to. The end result is that we all have to make the personal decision as what to do in regards to the signs and about the right of a property owner to post them.
    Like choosing to support laws like Florida has which do not allow no-gun signs.

VIP Member
    If it is a law that is in place yes support it.

If it is a law that is in place yes support it.
    Carful, the Assault Weapon Ban is making a come-back....if it passes then as per your post you will have to support it.

VIP Member
    If it is the law in place at the time not much choice is there. Any ban coming into effect would not affect what is already out there unless some provision was made for grandfathering in weapons already purchased which would mean gun confiscation and I don't think that would ever pass.

Please feel free to hold your breathe though until laws are changed that support gun owners 100%.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    People who violate property owners rights are the problem with society. You should respect their wishes and be decent human beings. You would want your property respected and you should do the same.
    Ogre likes this.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Links