Pilot's CCW revoked for exposing TSA flaws

This is a discussion on Pilot's CCW revoked for exposing TSA flaws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These are still nearly two years old but here the pilot steps forward. I can't find a single 'updated' story on this........ Pilot Punished for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pilot's CCW revoked for exposing TSA flaws

These are still nearly two years old but here the pilot steps forward. I can't find a single 'updated' story on this........

Pilot Punished for Video Critical of Airport Security Comes Forward, Won't Back Down | Fox News

This has two videos attached. The loss of his CCL isn't addressed, but he does make an intresting comment calling the Federal Flight Deck Officer the largest volunteer 'milita' in the country........

Chris Liu: I am the YouTube airline pilot | news10.net

This report brings to light the fact that there are hundreds of youtube videos exposing this same subject but that it's the TSA's response to his video that's getting attention (and harassment) on him. This report dosn't address the revoking of his CCL either.

Whistleblowing pilot: Uproar may have already made skies safer | news10.net

However, the pilot's state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon (CCW), which was taken from him by sheriff's deputies the same day that his federally-issued handgun was confiscated, remains suspended.
    A letter from the sheriff's department quoted two sections of California law dealing with convicted felons and mental health in justifying the suspension.
    A spokeswoman for the sheriff's department said it was normal procedure to suspend a CCW while a permit holder was under investigation by another agency. She could not say when and if the suspension would be lifted.
    What does this 'felony and mental health' have to do with this? Even the suspension of his CCL 'while under investigation by another agency' seems suspect. I'm disappointed that the local and state agency's won't tell the feds to pack sand unless it was a criminal investigation, but I'd be expecting too much to believe they'd do that.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

So...is this pilot suggesting that everyone who works at the airport go through a metal detector every time they come and go during the course of the day?

Any idea what that would do to the security screening lines?

Presumably, if you are working at an airport, your background has been checked and you have been "cleared." You have an ID which allows you access to certain areas. I guess I don't expect the system to be perfect...I just don't see what the pilot was complaining about.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I've gone through the same clearence as the line workers. They swing a card, I go through the security farce. I'll wager the pilot went through an even more stringent clearence procedure, considering he is the pilot and he could carry a firearm. He has to go through the farce.

Actually, I thought the crew just showed ID and swung cards to get to the plane. Learn something every day.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    So...is this pilot suggesting that everyone who works at the airport go through a metal detector every time they come and go during the course of the day?

Any idea what that would do to the security screening lines?

Presumably, if you are working at an airport, your background has been checked and you have been "cleared." You have an ID which allows you access to certain areas. I guess I don't expect the system to be perfect...I just don't see what the pilot was complaining about.
    I don't see him saying that at all, he's pointing out that it's a joke. If someone wanted to, they could snag a card and get through.

TSA security is a joke, and it only exists to placate scared white folk as George Carlin said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links