Someone you know is killing your dog - Page 3

Someone you know is killing your dog

This is a discussion on Someone you know is killing your dog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At the very least, he'd get his gutpack kicked loose of his body. Then it would get rough....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Someone you know is killing your dog

At the very least, he'd get his gutpack kicked loose of his body.

Then it would get rough.

If a suspect/perp/bg assaults a K-9 dog aren't they commonly charged with assaulting a police officer?

Stabbing a dog isn't going to make a person any friends. Not with the police, not in court. Someone starts stabbing your dog in your presence, it's going to happen real fast. You won't have much time to defend yourself and if you're on your property, well, the law will look more or less favorably on a defense, depending what state you're in. Some places where I've lived (down south!), they probably wouldn't even arrest you.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Let's bump it up a notch, with your children's best friend on the receiving end:
    Skinned Dog Found, Reward Offered For Information | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio
    They didn't eat it? Put out a BOLO for a "people of walmart" type wearing an odd wig.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    If a suspect/perp/bg assaults a K-9 dog aren't they commonly charged with assaulting a police officer?
    Sure. But they're special. For the unwashed, it's a crap shoot as to whether the same argument will hold water, as the standard statutes apply to the rest of us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    What you feel like doing and what you legally can do are two totally different things. Drawing and or shooting someone over an animal, unless possibly a service animal, is going to put you behind bars 99% of the time.
    Nough said. There are no other arguments to be made. It is called responsibility. In most states in cases like this--"you do the crime, you do the time". Is allowing the dog to die unfair or immoral?--yes. Is killing someone over it a crime?--yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Is allowing the dog to die unfair or immoral?--yes. Is killing someone over it a crime?--yes.
    Though, as many have pointed out: stopping someone unjustifiably killing one's dog is completely justifiable, as is stopping that attacker from then turning on the person seeking to stop the original crime in the first place, up to and including the use of deadly force if reasonably required.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If any of you do take him out then I volunteer to be on your jury. I guarantee at least a hung jury or acquittal. If someone wants to stab something, do it to yourself. The more people I meet, the better I like my dog.
    scout706 likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    If any of you do take him out then I volunteer to be on your jury. I guarantee at least a hung jury or acquittal. If someone wants to stab something, do it to yourself. The more people I meet, the better I like my dog.
    I wish I were even half the man my dogs think I am.
    OldVet, scout706, ws76133 and 2 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

IMO............you stab my dog.......you'll wish you didn't.

This is my home. Inside of it resides my wife, daughter, granddaughter, dog and cat. They live here under my protection. Trespassing is illegal and strongly ill advised. I am armed, licensed and well trained in the use of firearms and deadly weapons. I will not hesitate to use all legal means of deadly force necessary to defend myself and my family to stop you. You have been warned.

Subpoena this.
    I am not afraid.
    Echo_Four likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Here is California Code on Justifiable Homicide;
    While it appears that shooting a dog killer may be justified as both "committing a felony" and "in defense or property", I would not like to have to test that in court.

(California) Penal Code Section 197 – Justifiable Homicide; Any Person
    Homicide is justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following cases:
    1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a felony, or to do some great bodily
    injury upon any person; or,
    2. When committed in defense of habitation, property, or person, against one who manifestly intends or
    endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against one who manifestly intends and
    endeavors, in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose
    of offering violence to any person therein; or,
    3. When committed in the lawful defense of such person, or of a wife or husband, parent, child, master,
    mistress, or servant of such person, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a
    felony or to do some great bodily injury, and imminent danger of such design being accomplished; but
    such person, or the person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant or engaged in
    mutual combat, must really and in good faith have endeavored to decline any further struggle before the
    homicide was committed; or,
    4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and means, to apprehend any person for any
    felony committed, or in lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving the peace.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I have a feeling this is what many would do.
    OK what if my pebbles drew down on em on her own

Why was the son living with her...? He isn't then a trespasser...

The woman is an "enabler" and probably feels it is her fault the dog was injured or killed.
    Both the woman and the son need treatment...

Now, if a child of mine came to my home and asked for money or something... and started stabbing my dog... I can't say what I would do.... I'd stop it of course, but would I shoot my own child?

If, under the influence of drugs (not likely) or withdrawal from them... they came after me... I would suffer some defensive wounds, surely.. and they would be subdued, just as surely... but shoot 'em..? Possibly, but only in the gravest extreme...
    Hopyard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

You mess with my dog, You don't like living.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links