Someone you know is killing your dog - Page 4

Someone you know is killing your dog

This is a discussion on Someone you know is killing your dog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 91wm6 If a suspect/perp/bg assaults a K-9 dog aren't they commonly charged with assaulting a police officer? Originally Posted by ccw9mm Sure. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Someone you know is killing your dog

Originally Posted by 91wm6
    If a suspect/perp/bg assaults a K-9 dog aren't they commonly charged with assaulting a police officer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sure. But they're special. For the unwashed, it's a crap shoot as to whether the same argument will hold water, as the standard statutes apply to the rest of us.
    This is something that has bothered me since the first time I hear about it happening. I get angry every time it happens. Probably something for another thread though.

Michael

Treat me/my dog good & we'll treat you better. Treat me/my dog bad & we'll treat you worse. I hate to admit it but if I were personally dealing with these tragic circumstances, the perp, uh, umm...might never be seen again.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Back in the summer, my neighbors dog broke into my chicken coop and killed four chickens. It didn't eat them it just spread their four bodies across the yard. I found his collar with a rabies tag and with that found the owner who was my neighbor across the road and out of sight ( rural setting ). Called the animal control folks they went to see him. The phone number we had and animal control too was not active. He called us an hour later and we informed him that his dog had killed four chickens and damaged the coop and he owed us for both the coop and chickens. I also told him if I ever catch that dog on my property again nosing around my chickens he's a dead dog. I keep my 1897 shotgun next to the back door for that purpose. That dog is a livestock killer now will be treated a such and its legal in Kentucky.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    Back in the summer, my neighbors dog broke into my chicken coop and killed four chickens. It didn't eat them it just spread their four bodies across the yard. I found his collar with a rabies tag and with that found the owner who was my neighbor across the road and out of sight ( rural setting ). Called the animal control folks they went to see him. The phone number we had and animal control too was not active. He called us an hour later and we informed him that his dog had killed four chickens and damaged the coop and he owed us for both for the coop and chickens. I also told him if I ever catch that dog on my property again nosing around my chickens he's a dead dog. I keep my 1897 shotgun next to the back door for that purpose. That dog is a livestock killer now will be treated a such and its legal in Kentucky.
    If my dog ever did that, not only would I expect you to shoot him, I would do it myself if you were unable to.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Why was the son living with her...? He isn't then a trespasser...

The woman is an "enabler" and probably feels it is her fault the dog was injured or killed.
    Both the woman and the son need treatment...

Now, if a child of mine came to my home and asked for money or something... and started stabbing my dog... I can't say what I would do.... I'd stop it of course, but would I shoot my own child?

If, under the influence of drugs (not likely) or withdrawal from them... they came after me... I would suffer some defensive wounds, surely.. and they would be subdued, just as surely... but shoot 'em..? Possibly, but only in the gravest extreme...
    You make a very good point here. There is no trepass. I think that they both need mental evaluation. At the very least he does.

There aren't really any details describing his behaviour during or leading up to the incident. And if it were a family member then I agree...only in the gravest extreme. Tough call for sure.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

I think I could honestly say "I was In Fear of my Life" since the person was armed & killing my dog so I could be next.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

I might not shoot the hair bag killing my dog but I would stomp him into the next universe. Oh yeah...if I did shoot him I'm pretty sure he was coming for me...yep..pretty sure.

I would almost consider a meth head with a knife taking-on my German Shepherd or Staffordshire Pitbull to be a fair fight. If it were BOTH dogs at ONCE I wouldn't have to shoot the meth head. He's toast!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    A definite act of physical aggression with a deadly weapon. I would consider it a precursor of what was next for me and act accordingly.
    I clicked on "like" but do have the thought that only the mom would be in a position to judge if the kid would go for her --- he may have been venting his anger in a very very inappropriate and cruel way, but having done the venting, would stop and not harm mom.

I in no way condone animal cruelty, but if the son had to stab something, I'd rather it be the dog than mom.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If my dog ever did that, not only would I expect you to shoot him, I would do it myself if you were unable to.
    Why would you want to shoot your dog? You would have been an irrespponsible dog owner (in this situation where your dog gets out and killes the neighbors chickens) who let your dog loose and the dog went and did what felt natural.

Just don't understand it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I think a knucklesammich, or a wap upside the head with a steel framed auto first, and if he turned the knife on me or came at me with it.....deal accordingly ...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I guess some rules are meant to be broken? Unless I am not reading them right I'd say many of the posts on this thread involve stretching the legal limits of self defense at the very least.
    10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    I do not intend to come across as a spoil sport but to outsiders who may come across this subject on a random google search we might appear to be the types of gun owners who are perfectly willing to inflict our own version of justice then lie to cover it up.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; October 4th, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie
    Hopyard and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    Back in the summer, my neighbors dog broke into my chicken coop and killed four chickens. It didn't eat them it just spread their four bodies across the yard. I found his collar with a rabies tag and with that found the owner who was SNIP That dog is a livestock killer now will be treated a such and its legal in Kentucky.
    Dogs that run deer or harass livestock have to be stopped. I teach all my pups to walk around various livestock to get used to them. I adopted a year old Lab raised in a city house, first day at work he decided that the new Brahma calf was someone to play with. He wouldn't listen to me and was lucky they didnt kill him. He spent the rest of the day on a rope once i caught him. Next day I turned him loose, he charged, I yelled "NO", he kept running and I nailed him with a paintball. Stopped him in his tracks. 3 rounds of that game and he wanted nothing to do with livestock. That was a permanent lesson for him. A Paintball gun makes a good attitude adjuster. He and the other dogs love it when i lob paintballs out into the fields, I guess the gelatin shells and non-toxic paint taste better than they look, and they have a lot of fun.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Oh, man. My dogs are as much a part of my family as any human. I may not shoot the guy but I'd damn sure use these bashed in knuckles of mine to set him straight.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

"I'll bury ya in the hill and tell the sheriff in a couple months, he'll understand." (Movie, the Shooter)

I don't think killing dogs should be legally punishable the same as killing people, but my truck is also property and it's never "gone to bat" for me, alerted me to intruders, or scared off any bad guys.....

And there is a HUGE difference in killing a livestock killer dog who is allowed to run the town. Killing a dog who is not on his owner's property and is causing damage to my property is an entirely different ball game than killing my dog who is properly contained on my/his home property and not causing damage. If my dog got out and attacked someone or other animals, I would apologize that you had to stop him. If you came and shot him while he was tied in my back yard, we would have a serious problem.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links