Someone you know is killing your dog

This is a discussion on Someone you know is killing your dog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DeviousMind Heard a news story today about a man who lives with his mom. Apparently they got into an argument and he ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Someone you know is killing your dog

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    Heard a news story today about a man who lives with his mom. Apparently they got into an argument and he began stabbing her dog with a knife. I know a dog is an animal, but to me my dogs are part of my family. How could I do nothing knowing they wouldn't hesitate to protect me and my family. If you intervene who's to say he doesn't turn the knife on you. Do you draw and give verbal warnings? Do you draw and just start shooting? Just got me thinking when I heard this today and was curious what you all thought.
    "They tried to stab me and I drew my weapon. My dog tried to protect me and got stabbed...they kept stabbing my dog until they were shot several times."
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

My dog is a pug, and although he's a pretty good watch dog, I doubt he understands the concept of guarding much of anything. But having said that, given that he's by my side pretty much 24x7, most likely an intruder would have to go through me to get to him, so given the rather stout make my day law we have in Colorado, I more than likely would be able to articulate a real perceived threat to me and would be able to use what force I felt necessary to stop the threat.

Bottom line, I think the intruder would be put down before my pug would be.

That may not be the exact scenario that was presented, but it's about the only one I can realistically conceive of happening to us.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    In my state a dog is considered property. We cannot defend property. That being said, he/she would have a handful if it were one of my dogs. Thats about all Ill say....
    Nope. The person attacked the dog with a knife, showing that he is a menace and dangerous. At that point you can claim fear for yoour personal safety or life, and rightfully shoot him.
    9MMare likes this.

Attacker was in my house using a deadly weapon. No question, castle doctrine is in full effect.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

People love dogs. Love them. Women especially love animals. I don't think there would be a conviction even if you told the jury you felt you weren't in danger, but you just wanted to save your dog's life. E.G...

Man jailed and banned from keeping pets for life after brutally killing his Jack Russell dog | Mail Online

This guy killed a dog that bit his child and people don't think he was punished harshly enough. I always figured if I had a dog that bit a friendly person, I would have to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Exactly why it wouldn't be wise for me to post how I would react to a scumbag abusing one of my animals. My pets are everything to me.
    Ditto.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links