IWB 1911 holsters: full leather or hybrid? - Page 2

IWB 1911 holsters: full leather or hybrid?

This is a discussion on IWB 1911 holsters: full leather or hybrid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate IWB, just not for me - so I carry OWB in a Bianchi CarryLok and it's been a really great holster for my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IWB 1911 holsters: full leather or hybrid?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I hate IWB, just not for me - so I carry OWB in a Bianchi CarryLok and it's been a really great holster for my Kimber Ultra Carry II and conceals very well.

crossbreed supertux

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I used a Crossbreed Supertuck with my 3 1911's (2 are 5" 1 a 4") for 5 years, used it untill the kydex cracked then I bought a Galco King Tuc. I think the Crossbreed better, the metel clips are stronger (took the ones off my broken Crossbreed & put them on my Galco) & the Kydex on the Crossbreed is rounded where the Galco is square.

However, after waiting something like 20 weeks I have been carrying my Browning Hi-Power in a Milt Sparks VMII & brother what a difference! The Sparks leather VM is the most comfy IWB holster ever made PEROID!

The kydex hybred holsters arent bad....the gun comes out of the kydex a little faster but the Milt Sparks rig feels sooooo much better and is just a beuaty to behold.

I have a VM II for my 4" Kimber Pro Raptor on order......and can't hardly wait......!

I have both, but I prefer my hybrid over the leather one. More comfortable, plus it's tuckable.

I like my MaxTuck with the interchangeable kydex from White Hat Holsters. Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon06 View Post
    Crossbreed Supertuck. I carry a 3" all day and its the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.
    ^^this^^

I have carried a full size .45 in a crossbreed supertuck, and its very comfortable. I would recommend it.

I like a crossbreed type holster, but I would have to go with leather or at least leather lined if there are any of those made.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I have been carring a full sized 1911 for close to 35 years. And just recently bought a crossbreed supertuck.
    I must say it is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.
    The gun stays put all day.
    Did not like the way it held the gun at firsta little loose for my taste at first,but once I put it on my pants with belt it stays put
    Good luck

Hi guys. I'm new to the thread but would like to add what really helped me in determining my holster of choice. My height and weight and build type. I am 5'9" 175 and slim without chub on my sides. I have four 1911s and a couple of Milt Sparks VMII's as well as a Milt Sparks IWB magazine carrier. Three are full size and one is a Commander. I conceal comfortably in a T-Shirt (that fits me) all day regardless of shopping or outside playing with my kid. I don't understand the whole "gun comes out of the holster faster" thing in any holster that is boned and broken in. I generated a plethora of holsters looking for the right one. A man of my build turned me onto the VMII and it just happened to work for me. I hope you find what you like as the perfect marriage between gun, holster, proper practice and proper training will breed about an awesome proficiency with the right gear. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

I'm relatively new to carrying a 1911. I also have, and have carried a SA XDm 3.8 in 9mm and a Ruger LCR .357. For my 1911, which is a steel frame, railed, govt model, Garrett's Slent Thunder IWB fits me wonderfully. I'm surprised how comfortable and concealable this holster makes my 1911 which I now carry 75% of the time. The other times, usually due to wardrobe, I carry my LCR in a Bianchi 57. Finally, I'm 6' and about 180 lbs, and a lefty who carries at the 8 o'clock position.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I carry my 1911 most regularly in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. For IWB I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. My preference is leather, although both are very good. The Pure Kustom is the best holster I have owned as far as reholstering.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I prefer leather, and my full size 1911 is in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster right now as I sit here and type this on my laptop. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

1911? Let's see.........

Milt Sparks Versa Max, hands down. Absolutely no question. You can snag one from ebay (spendy but immediate), or call Allen Yoast Firearms (512 426-0027). Allen is a Sparks dealer, just spoke with him earlier today. He has VMIIs in stock for 1911s.

I ordered mine from Sparks directly, as I wanted it all decked out in horsehide and shark. 6 months, but well worth it.
    Another advocate of the VMII, which is what I use for my CCW (but not 1911). When I CCW'd my 1911 (FS) it was in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 (leather, readily available from Brownells) for IWB (or Brommeland Def-Con for OWB).
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    When I carried a M1911, it was in a Max-Con V from Brommeland. I tried to like the Crossbreed, but absolutely hated it.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I have both a Crossbreed and a VM 2 and I like them both. I also like the "Summer Special" style holsters very much. I carry 4" 1911s and the VM 2 holds them very securely and distributes the weight fairly well. The Crossbreed spreads the weight over a larger area so it feels like you're carrying a lighter gun. Plus you can tuck your shirt in with the Crossbreed holster. The "Summer Special" holsters are great for summer/hot weather use because they are very compact and have less area to sweat at. The VM 2 gets my nod as the most useful and easiest to carry holster.
    gunfighter 48
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!!
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links