Kinda confused - Page 2

Kinda confused

This is a discussion on Kinda confused within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by th0rr ... They freak out cause you're carrying. My head just 'assploded. I'm going to go with stupid. LOL. I'm going with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Kinda confused

Quote Originally Posted by th0rr View Post
    ... They freak out cause you're carrying. My head just 'assploded. I'm going to go with stupid.
    LOL. I'm going with this. Sounds like she read an article in Cosmo that said it's "tres chic" to carry a sexy little gun, impulsively bought one, thinking that she was some sort of a rebel... then finding out that millions of others are also armed was a cold slap of reality. I say blow these people off. I personally don't have the motivation or energy to deal with people like that.
    nedrgr21 and Phillep Harding like this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Personally, I think the mistake was taking your gun out without warning or asking if the wanted to see how you CC.

I was over at a friends house one day eating lunch and the talk turned to CC. He knew I had a CWP; but had never been aware that I carried all the time.

Friend; "How often do you carry?"

Me; "All the time"

Him; "Are you carrying now?"

Me; "Yep!"

Him; "You can't possibly be concealing a gun on your person dressed in shorts & t-shirt; let me see!"

I lift the front of my shirt and show him my 24/7 sitting AIWB in a CBST.

Another friend of ours, (a preacher & Hospice councilor) was also eating with us and said he was also CCing. So, we began to show him our CC rigs.

As it turns out, our friend is the only man in our "circle" who has yet to get his CWP. He says he just doesn't have the temperament. (But, I think the real reason is his wife is AG and makes him keep his one pistol & two long guns under lock & key; with the ammo stored in another room.)

-

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    This was a good outcome, in my opinion. You showed a person who was not ready to carry that they are not ready to carry.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Don't frighten the children!

I would have pointed out that a gun isn't worth squat if you can't access it in time to use it in defense.sometimes it only takes one good kick to defeat a door jamb,if you are sitting a few feet away in the room by the time your brain reacts and processes what is happening chances are you will be lucky to draw and engage with a gun in reach.If your gun is in another room the BG will be at an advantage and you will very likely be unable to reach it.
    I've seen way too many people buy a gun and never shoot it,a lot of them think that just pointing a gun will scare somebody off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What to say to them?

Absolutely nothing, you've already said and divulged too much to them.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    oneshot likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

A concealed carry permit doesn't make us any wiser or any more able to effectively defend ourselves. Our permit just enables us to be within the law regarding concealed weapon carry. The wisdom & effectiveness only comes from awareness, mindset, training & practice. If a perspective permit seeker isn't interested in making THOSE efforts, then the pursuit of their permit is a waste of time.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Sheeple are sheeple. What are you going to do? I'll guarantee she has no idea how to shoot her Elsie-9. And I'm sure her p-whipped, panzie boyfriend is no better.

My guess is the couple's favorite character on Grey's Anatomy put a gun in her purse and they thought that was so Emo and stylish.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

GH
    I don't quite understand - Your friend owns a gun, will start her classes with your girlfriend yet they freak out when you safely show them your pocket carry. If I live 100 more years I'll never understand the human race.
    Milwaukesha likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Talk about confused!

I've just noticed that most of your responders carry frequently, very frequently.. Some may actually be carrying as they post!

Wow! I thought this was Defensive Carry, and the members only carried when they needed to defend themselves.

I'm flabbergasted! You people make me nervous!

/sarcasm

I think that makes as much sense as going over to your house to get an experienced opinion on concealed carry, and my choice of weapon... And then "freaking out" on discovering you actually carry, even at home. And discovering you have more than one gun,'cause you ain't packin' the one we were gonna talk about.

Go to the In The News subforum and look for posts I've made about home invasions, in broad daylight, with guests in the house (I'm sure there's at leat one). Follow the links to the news story and print it. Send it to 'em with a note that says "any time, anywhere". (you'll have to mail it 'cause they probably won't come over again... You're a "gun nut".)
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    It happens. I have had close friends who know I enjoy guns, have gone shooting with me, and know that I legally have my ccw still look at me like I'm a nut job when for some reason they actually see me carrying a gun, or realize that I have a gun on me.

Then on the other side of the spectrum I have a close friend who makes remarks all the time about the fact that I carry, to the point where I had to have a talk with them.

Yet both truly are great friends, they are just completely clueless about the meaning and responsibility of concealed carry, and how it isn't a game or something to take lightly.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I'm sure they're idiots, BUT, sounds like there may be more to it. If they were that bat-poo crazy/unpredictable, why would you have invited them into your home at all?

As far as someone seeing my carry, in my home, it's on my hip, visible, if not sitting on my lap in the holster. Everyone in my home sees it, the deliveryman sees it, my rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth AG mother-in-law sees it (kinda funny, she served in two branches of the military and flinches at the word "gun"). If they don't like it, turn around at the door bro, this is a house where all American ideals rule supreme.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No need to say anything to them, they were clueless to begin with. What did they expect someone with a permit to do, carry it in a safe?
    Put a bit of a sag on the old gun belt, there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    What to say to them?

Absolutely nothing, you've already said and divulged too much to them.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.

^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They sound young and dumb and naive.

Let them go their way.

As to what to say to your GF.Don't worry about it.

Tell he that you worry about her when you are apart, but you won't force her to carry if she is unwilling to, despite the lawless rogues out there.

Oh and also show her these stories.

Stephen Perry
    The Shootist: One Man Got Involved. The Perry Stephens/George Temple Incident

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom
    Channon Christian, Christopher Newsom murders News for Knoxville, TN from Knoxville News Sentinel
    Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Medical examiner describes victims' torture in Cobbins trial

Petit family
    Petit Family Killings News - The New York Times
    Gruesome Petit Trial testimony: Suspects Snapped Photos During Assaults - ABC News

Lots of insane murderers out there just waiting to prey on somebody.
    Does she want to be THAT next somebody?
    Last edited by oneshot; October 7th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links