My wife taking the plunge...taking her CWP class on Saturday!

This is a discussion on My wife taking the plunge...taking her CWP class on Saturday! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congratulations to your wife...glad to have another woman join the club! I got my license a few months ago and am on my second gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My wife taking the plunge...taking her CWP class on Saturday!

SKW
    Congratulations to your wife...glad to have another woman join the club! I got my license a few months ago and am on my second gun already. I started with a Bersa Thunder 238 which I loved to shoot (very accurate and easy to use) but when I tried to conceal it I had difficulty especially in summer clothing. I have a Sig P238 now and love it. I wish it was a P938, but those are still too difficult to find around here, and I got a deal I couldn't pass up on mine. Now that winter sweater weather is here I am looking at the possible addition of a M&P Shield...

Yes, you will be short a lot more $ now, but she will no longer be as easy a target. I know my husband is happy to hear about my new infatuation...much easier to esplain to him the $ I spent on guns/holsters/ammo than on more shoes
    "The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? " Psalm 27:1

Keeping my eternal hope in the LORD while still using the mind He gave me and the tools at my disposal to act with wise judgment...

2. Remove Ads

That's awesome! My wife went threw her class with me.... I taught it ;) she has carried now for a year Springfield xd sc in 40 in purse and car and Kruger lcp in pocket..... makes us both feel safer if I don't get Ya she will lol

On a side note being an instructor in the last year about 75% of people taking the class are female I'm super glad to see women getting into the sport!

That's a good woman you got there. Congrats! Her refusing to be a victim is comforting to you I'm sure. But other than that, it's just plain fun.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I got my concealed carry permit and then I filled out the app for my wife's permit. I think she thought that it was going to be more complicated than it was...but what she was really doing is understanding the responsibility of conceal carry. The responsibility makes most people nervous before they carry. She has a carry purse and she is the one that does all the carrying in public. I need a better holster for my 38 or a better belt.

Congrats...I'm still trying to get my wife to go to the range
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I was there when I met my wife finaly drug her out there with a bribe.... go shooting I'll pay for a pedicure!
    She's hooked now lol

Congrats this has to give you a bit of peace that she is better protected when you aren't around. When you are around now you both are protected.

My husband went through the sheriff's academy many years ago before cars were invented lol. Ok not really, it was only about 35 years ago lol. We laugh when I say, oh while you were doing that I was still to young for my first date. We always had guns in the house but I wasn't real thrilled about this. I always knew he could protect us but still wasn't happy about them in the house. A few years ago he had a stroke. Since then he has talked about how I need to be able to take care of us too. He might not be able to. Finally this year I got my ccl and started to carry. The man was so proud I swear he told everyone lol. He hasn't shot since his stroke. He is going with me tonight to shoot for the first time in years. He said heck I might need your advice. That did make me smile.
    MrsHB likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Hug your Wife and tell her"Thank You".Just don`t ever tick her off.

Congrats to your wife!

Love the pink ear muffs! Wish her much success with gun shopping...
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Thanks everyone for your really kind comments. She is so excited about shooting! She has gone shooting 3 times this week, twice with me, and today she said that she wanted to go the range today but couldn't because she was watching our daughter! ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. She took her CWP class and passed. She said there were some really dangerous shooters at the range, and the lady next to her had TWO negligent discharges. The range instructor said he would ask her to leave it if happened again. My wife was hoping that the woman would have been asked to leave the 2ND time it happened! She said she was really scared about this woman. Apparently, no matter how much prompting she wouldn't keep her finger OFF THE TRIGGER! Anyway, here's my wife..so proud of her!!
    12664_4742062190347_1913598063_n.jpg
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Tell her really nice job. Love the ear protection lol.

Update to my last post here. Hubby did great shooting even with not shooting for years after his stroke.
    Sejune likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    She was right to be scared. ND's are really scary. Repeated ND's are a good reason to leave the range RFN! What was the matter with that instructor. That woman should fail the class.

Fitch
    Sejune likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    She was right to be scared. ND's are really scary. Repeated ND's are a good reason to leave the range RFN! What was the matter with that instructor. That woman should fail the class.

Fitch
    I agree, and what was even more frustrating for my wife was that the instructor, trying to help this lady learn to aim, shot about 5 rounds dead-center...and of course those shots were added to her score ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. I think my wife said the lady passed with a 147 or something like that...that's with about 50 points for the instructors shooting. The lady needs a basic handgun course, THEN take the CCW course.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links