Cooler Weather Is Here!

This is a discussion on Cooler Weather Is Here! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in Houston and yesterday was the fisrt day under 70. It was nice. I carry a crossbreed super tuck, with shorts and T-Shirts ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cooler Weather Is Here!

I live in Houston and yesterday was the fisrt day under 70. It was nice. I carry a crossbreed super tuck, with shorts and T-Shirts tucked in. Carried the same way yesterdayday, but with a sweatshirt over my T-Shirt and my T-**** was tucked under the holster. Did soem dy run draws and it was much easier to swipe the sweashirt and draw, than to untuck the t-shirt and draw.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

I just go from short sleeve to long sleeve shirts, and adjust the weight of the vest I'm wearing, depending on the temperature. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Rather than change guns, I don a goose-down vest. I've heard on the internet that it will stop anything smaller than a .44 Magnum.

Oh, and what's winter?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    No change to carry rig or guns. When working IWB Kahr CW45. When off work CZ P-01 carried IWB.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    It didn't get over 50F here today or yesterday. Changed from pocket carry of the P238 to Glock 36 in my SuperTuck @ 3:00 under a sweatshirt. The same holster fits my G36, G19, and G26. It would fit a bunch of others but I don't have them. It won't fit a G30.

I have never carried the SuperTuck with a t-shirt tucked in over the gun. It just isn't enough concealment for me with even the G26. From now to the time in the spring when the sweatshirt isn't a plausable shirt, I'll be packing one of the Glocks. Mostly the 26 because it's lighter.

If we get some indian summer days, which we almost certainly will, the P238 will become the carry gun. There may be times when my dress will require the LCP or P238 during the Holicays, but not often.

Wife, sister, her gentleman friend, and I made a range trip today. I spent a combined 140 rounds drawing and firing from cover with the carry rig and all three Glocks. My wife went through almost a hundred rounds between her three handguns. My sister and her friend another hundred or so between them. Fun day.

Mondays I have the range all to myself, especially when it's a cold overcast monday like today.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

I switch from the LCP (shorts and t-shirt) to the Kahr CM9. Come January switch again to the Beretta PX4 SC .40 cal. All with Hornady ammo.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Same gun, different holster.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

I love cooler weather. That being said I plan on carrying the same LCR and spare speed loader I did in the summer. It's just SOOOOOOOO comfortable to carry I see no reason to change.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You'd better carry anything that works!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'm glad it's cooling off, even in Texas. Time to pull out the bigger guns for me.

This summer I pocket carried a Sig P238 everyday, in a DM Bullard pocket holster.
    Now, with a light jacket or button up, collared shirt I can upsize to my G26 in a Galco classic lite shoulder rig, which is just a fantastic way to carry. Give it a try, if you don't have a shoulder rig yet. I love it.
    My other go to option is my Kimber Ultra CDP II in a TT gunleather IWB holster, which is also a really smooth ride for EDC.
    SA MC Operator
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    G26
    Sig P238

RKM
    The only thing I change is the clothes I wear. I never change guns or calibers. If I carried a caliber in the summer that would be defeated by heavy clothing in the winter, well, it's just not good enough.... at all. Not even for the summer. I always carry heavy for caliber, with exception of 185gr DPX, but usually 230gr +P HST and 147gr HST.... all year round. I use the same holsters, still carry IWB, same guns, same ammo, everything.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I carry my glock year round
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    The only thing I change is the clothes I wear. I never change guns or calibers. If I carried a caliber in the summer that would be defeated by heavy clothing in the winter, well, it's just not good enough.... at all. Not even for the summer. I always carry heavy for caliber, with exception of 185gr DPX, but usually 230gr +P HST and 147gr HST.... all year round. I use the same holsters, still carry IWB, same guns, same ammo, everything.
    This is pretty much my thoughts. If I ever needed my gun, I want it to be exactly the same gun, same holster, same position.
    Caertaker likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Thinking about going with something in .357 Magnum and a shoulder holster for a change since I can't find one for a P238 under $200... And pocket holsters don't work in anything other than cargo shorts for me.

AOK
    I take the K.I.S.S. approach. For the past three plus years I have been carrying the same gun, same holster, and all in the same location regardless of the time of year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links